The Mystery of Love by Marc Gafni

The Mystery of Love

by Marc Gafni

22None476,730 (5)None

No reviews

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0743442202, Hardcover)

Author Marc Gafni always intuitively felt that the erotic must have a powerful link to the sacred, but not until he committed himself to the study of Hebrew mysticism was he able to articulate this link. According to Gafni, most people assume that eros is just another word for sex. "The fact that we so often confuse eros with sex merely reminds us of how distant we are from true erotic engagement," he writes. And herein lies Gafni's mission for this book.

"Eros is to be fully present to what is," he declares. "It is to open your eyes and see for the first time the full beauty and gorgeousness of a friend, to smell the richness of an aroma, to feel the fullness of throbbing desire, and to taste the erotic experience that connects you with every being. It is to feel the palpable love that dissolves the walls of ego, anger, and anxiety."

Drawing from the ancient texts of the Kabbalist tradition, Gafni unravels the wondrous relationships among sex, eros, love, and the sacred. He calls this discussion "Hebrew tantra," yet readers of all denominations will find this an inspiring book on sacred sexuality. As in his previous book Soul Prints, Gafni remains eloquent and intelligent while also offering accessible insights. Don't expect advice on sexual positions or eye-gazing foreplay. Rather, he uses brief essays, ancient teachings, and heartfelt wisdom to help us nurture our erotic potential even as we face our aging bodies and shadowy desires. At its core, this is a worthwhile book about living with great love and great spirit, written by an author who obviously does both. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:14 -0400)

Addresses the issues of love, passion, and sexuality, drawing on traditional Kabbalist texts to reveal ten spiritual guides to the creation of a loving and passionate existence.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,523,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible