Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy…

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life (edition 2006)

by Wendy Mass (Author)

1,1444210,687 (4.02)1 / 19
Member:flying_monkeys
Title:Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
Authors:Wendy Mass (Author)
Info:New York : Little, Brown, c2006.
Collections:To read, Borrow(ed)
Tags:coming of age, *first

Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life by Wendy Mass

The Naked Mole-Rat Letters by Mary Amato (lproctor)
    lproctor: read this book ladies you don't know what you're missing I LOVED THIS BOOK and i even saw my friends reading it so why can't YOU!!!

English (41)  Dutch (1)  All languages (42)
Jeremy Fink receives a wooden box at his door with a note that tells him to only open on his 13th birthday. The box contains four locks, but no keys. Jeremy and his best friend Lizzy go on an adventurous search to find the hidden keys to open the box. Each encounter leaves them with another clue as to where the keys might be. ( )
  mckinzietangen | Feb 7, 2019 |
I remember reading this book in grade school and absolutely loving it! This is a sweet and emotional story about a young boy's journey to unlock his father's past. It really pulls you in and makes you feel connected to Jeremy and his cause. I think this is a great read for any kid. There is a maturity to this story that makes it so meaningful yet there is also some whimsy. This is a great book for people who like adventures and journeys. ( )
  Kyliehentschke | Apr 27, 2018 |
Kate and I enjoyed reading this book together. A tale of a boy who gets an unexpected gift from his deceased father before his 13th birthday. However, it takes 4 keys to open the box and there are no keys to be found! Jeremy and his best friend, Lizzie, set off on adventure to find the missing keys and open the box before Jeremy's 13th birthday....but will the be successful!??! Read to find out!

Very cute and funny...We both liked it...wouldn't read it again but definitely worth the time. ( )
  aarchamb | Mar 22, 2018 |
I have not yet read this book.
  LynneQuan | Sep 23, 2017 |
Every Thirteen years old should read this!!! I just wish I have read it earlier than now! But I don't think I am late to be able to read this book!!! :D a very good one for everyone! ( )
  shengcinar.lawpha | Sep 1, 2016 |
Preface - July 22 - My sweat smells like peanut butter. Since I'm such a picky eater, my mother feeds me peanut butter sandwiches at every meal, including breakfast and midnight snacks.
June 22 - "Did you ever notice how the colors seem brighter the first day of summer vacation?" I ask Lizzy. "The birds sing louder? The air is alive with possiblity?"

In one month Jeremy Fink will turn thirteen. But does he have what it takes to be a teenager? He collects mutant candy, he won't venture more than four blocks from his apartment if he can help it, and he definitely doesn't like surprises. On the other hand, his best friend, Lizzy, isn't afraid of anything, even if that might get her into trouble now and then.

Jeremy's summer takes an unexpected turn when a mysterious wooden box arrives in the mail. According to the writing on the box, it holds the meaning of life! Jeremy is supposed to open it on his thirteenth birthday. The problem is, the keys are missing, and the box is made so that only the keys will open it without destroying what's inside. Jeremy and Lizzy set off to find the keys, but when one of their efforts goes very wrong, Jeremy starts to lose hope that he'll ever be able to open the box. But he soon discovers that when you're meeting people named Oswald Oswald and using a private limo to deliver unusual objects to strangers all over the city, there might be other ways of finding out the meaning of life.

Lively characters, surprising twists, and thought-provoking ideas make Wendy Mass's latest novel an unforgettable read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:13 -0400)

Just before his thirteenth birthday, Jeremy Fink receives a keyless locked box--set aside by his father before his death five years earlier--that purportedly contains the meaning of life.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,657,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible