Bad Blood: A Family Murder in Marin County…

Bad Blood: A Family Murder in Marin County

by Richard M. Levine

This is what I wrote years ago on bookcrossing. Not a very good review alas. I see I am just spoilering and talking about things not very interesting. blush.

Saturday, January 20, 2007
9 out of 10

I had read a few pages of this book (so I thought) but while reading this I started to wonder if I had not already read all of it.But then I did not know how the story would end.
It seemed I had already read 1/3rd of the book the first time.
WARNING SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!!

Well this is such a crazy story and in a weird way I felt for Chuck. Normally I am all for giving the murderers a very tough punishment but this guy was really under a spell.

I can't believe how Marlene could get away with all of it. Did she even inherit from her parents ?

Highly recommend this book. Very well written and I could not out it down the second time. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |
This was an excellent true crime story. It was so unbelievable. I never thought I would feel sorry for a murderer but I actually felt sorry for Chuck Riley. I hated Marlene Olive. She was a spoiled rotten ungrateful whore. It was never mentioned in the book but it's my opinion that she was sexually molested by one or both parents. That would explain her evil psycho problems. Poor Chuck. I wish he never met Marlene. He was just starting the job at the waterbed store and trying to change his life. I felt sorry for Chuck's parents. I sent this book to my friend in Finland who like to read true crime. ( )
  jerseyjane | Mar 7, 2011 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,922,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible