Biting Cold: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by…

Biting Cold: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (edition 2012)

by Chloe Neill

Member:BrandisBookMusings
Title:Biting Cold: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel
Authors:Chloe Neill
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:***1/2

Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Recently added byayliang, private library, iwafflee, Nemerith, dmaness, Christine_Blackthorn

Let me start off with saying I did jump the gun on this book and skipped "Drink Me", while still reading "Hard bitten". I was so excited to read how Ms. Neill was going to fix certain things that happened at the end of "Hard Bitten", that I could not wait to read this one. I was not disappointed! Loved it!

While I did find the premise of this installments villain a little too far out there, I did enjoy the personal character interactions. The book does an outstanding job of solidifying relationships, alliances and successfully manages to take an old well established vampire house into the future.

I can't wait to read the next installment. After I finish "Hard Bitten" and "Drink Me" ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
I really love the whole series. From the Chicago references to the way too cool characters, Chloe Neill has hit it out of the park. I was disappointed with the pace of this latest book. I felt there could have been a whole book that just concentrated on Merit's trip with Ethan. The Mallory/Tate confrontation was just over too quickly. Again, more time could have been spent on this whole storyline.

I understand that writers need to refresh the readers knowledge and as a series goes on there is more information to convey but Merit spends a huge amount of time recapping the past. She explains things to characters that in my opinion shouldn't need explaining.

Overall, I liked the earlier books better. I will however reread Biting Cold again. Sometimes in my excitement to get a new book, I am the one who is rushing. I'll see if a second read improves my opinion. ( )
  NicolefromCarmel | Apr 16, 2014 |
Good installment, but a bit bogged down with political drama. ( )
  TeamDewey | Mar 11, 2014 |
A book need to advance the storyline. Not my favorite. See my full review at puretextuality.com ( )
  Fidget78 | Jan 5, 2014 |
I have rarely wanted to lock two characters in one room and tell them to get over themselves and on with it so that the main plot could be dealt with. Seriously, these two have too much angst to deserve to be in the senior positions they are in.

So Tate is back and is discovered to be a supernatural creature of some power and age. He's also after a book, a book that Malory is after and Merit and Ethan are hunting them.

It's interesting for the urban fantasy, the romance doesn't completely convince me.

Oh and by the way, dear cover art supplier cavalry saber =/= katana. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Oct 23, 2013 |

Turned into a vampire against her will, twenty-eight-year-old Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago’s vampire underground, where she learned there was more to supernaturals than met the eye—and more supernaturals than the public ever imagined. And not all the secrets she learned were for sharing—among humans or inhumans.

Now Merit is on the hunt, charging across the stark American Midwest, tailing a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world. But Merit is also the prey. An enemy of Chicagoland is hunting her, and he’ll stop at nothing to get the book for himself. No mercy allowed. No rules apply. No lives spared. The race is on.

Turned into a vampire against her will, Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago's vampire underground. Now she is on the hunt, charging across the stark American midwest to tail a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world.… (more)

190 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,636,813 books! | Top bar: Always visible