Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (edition 2012)

by Wendy Higgins

Member:psychobabble4u
Title:Sweet Evil
Authors:Wendy Higgins
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Young Teen Romance

Really enjoyed this. It has a very good and interesting plot. Lots of angst and drama. Def reccomend it! ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Can't we get more? I loved it! And I loved being in Kaidan's head :D

Merged review:

To quote Anna, wowza! You know, when I decided to read this book yesterday I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, nor did I expect to read it this fast. But I did. Boy, did I love this book.

First of all, angels and demons, how can that be a bad plot? Right? I mean, it's nice to see other creatures getting attention. Plus, demons are HOTT. Yes, it needed that extra T :P I liked the mythology and how it was used. I liked the idea of guardian angels and whisperers and demon lords (or Dukes) and all that. And while you might think it's cliché that a half-angel, half-demon girl falls for the demon boy, it's such a good story, it doesn't even bother you. Or it didn't bother me.

Speaking of love stories, if I had to pick the best love story I've read so far this year, this would be the one. I loved Kaidan so much. He was a smart-ass some of the times, a jerk a few times, but I realized he REALLY liked Anna and he cared for her. I do hope they end up together, because they have such a sweet connection. Also, Kaidan was hot :D

I liked Anna. She is an easy girl to like and I was sad and angry for her a few times. There was this one scene where I literally wanted to jump into the scene and punch a guy. Not Kaidan, another guy. Kaidan was good with her ;)

Oh, I hope we see more of Anna's father. I liked him a lot. And the way he bonded with Anna and how he cared for her was really special and it's one of those rare father-daughter relationships, one that I haven't found very often in books. So I was glad to see that in a book. I do hope the relationship between them will grow stronger and stronger.

You basically have anything you can think of in this book: humor, suspense, drama, romance, the usual teenage angst, fantasy, you name it. The only thing I can think of that would've made this book even better would be if we had gotten to see things from Kaidan's perspective. Since it's told in 1st person from Anna's view, we don't exactly get to see what Kaidan really thinks or feels. You know I prefer multiple POVs, so maybe that's why I wanted Kaidan's POV also. Other than that, the book was great and I highly recommend it to anyone. Seriously. Go read it! I'm now going to bite my nails for the second book in this trilogy :) ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |
As a Christian mom I am still on the fence

So this was my first angel/demon series and I am just not sure what I thought. As a mom of 5 girls, I am prereading ya books for them to possibly read. As much as I loved the christian aspects to this book, I didn't like the speculation. I would want my girls to be well grounded in their christian faith before reading this fantasy take on Angels and such because despite what a few reviewers are saying it isn't straight from the bible. Secondly, it was just a little too hot for young teen minds. I applaud the author for at least having the main character value sex after marriage but most of the characters did not. And the descriptions the authors uses of some of the non-sex scenes are pretty intense. Granted I could spend weeks discussing the different issues the author brings up with my girls - underage drinking, drugs, adultery, lust, etc. Like I always say, if you are gonna let your teen read it then be ready to talk about it. I will say I loved the underlying messages of the book. We all struggle with sin and desire redemption. Finally, I loved the ending. It almost redeemed the book up to at least 4 stars and maybe even 4.5. But I'll keep it at 3 until I ponder it some more. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
This was a super fast read with a great story! I really enjoyed it! ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
While this was an amazing, outstanding and an overall winner of a book, the only thing it was lacking was character development. Anna is a strong girl who falls in love with the son of a demon. What you don't know is how she went from being a good girl to the drunk influence she becomes and is ok with that in less than a week. Anna was a little too flat for me, and that was the only thing that kept this book from getting five stars. ( )
  RhiannonSS | Jan 24, 2016 |

"Sweet southern girl Anna discovers at age sixteen that she is the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, the only one of her kind. As Anna struggles to fight the dark legacy of her father, she falls for the mysterious Kaidan Row, the ultimate bad boy. Forced to face her destiny, she must decide whether to embrace her halo or her horns"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,783,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible