Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (edition 2012)

by Wendy Higgins

Member:psychobabble4u
Title:Sweet Evil
Authors:Wendy Higgins
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Young Teen Romance

I dont know what happened and why this book was removed from my read list but I had to add everything again...thankfully, I had the review up on booklikes.com

May Contain Slight Spoilers. Just know, read at your own risk if you haven't read it already! lol I try not to give spoilers often, and when I do I try not to give away the whole story (especially the ending).

This book, I gave a 4.5/5.

When I went into this book, I didn't know what it was about and didn't really expect to like it. The title itself threw me off as well. That was one of the reasons I didn't want to read it. The other was that it had been over hyped on Booktube.

When I first picked the book up from the library, I was still iffy about the book and thought about taking it back a few times without reading it. When I finally decided to pick it up, I was glad I decided to read it. I had misunderstood what the title meant when I had originally saw it, but in reading the book, I understood why the title was what it is.

On rare occasions, fiction books will have me amazed and touch a certain part of my life and do things that have me saying/thinking: That fits me perfectly! There was a prayer in the book that Anna did that had me going back and praying it for my own life as well: I don't know what You'll have me do, or where You'll have me go, but I trust You. Please show me when it's time to act. Help me to recognize the signs. Speak to my heart and let me hear"

Me being the spiritual person that I am, I was reading this book and thinking: hm, this is a new way to look at the jobs of demons and how they may rank in their world. I knew each one had a job to do but this little fictional book gave me a new way of seeing things.

This book was very well written. I love Anna and Kaiden. The Tension and attraction between them, in my eyes, was perfect. Even though sometimes Kaiden was a bit much, Wendy made sure you understood why he had to be how he was.

The book, as wonderful as it was, wasn't a favorite and I got bored a couple times (I think it was more me than the book itself). That's why it only got 4.5/5 Stars.

I liked how, even when Anna struggled with her feelings for Kaiden, Wendy Higgins didn't drag those issues and feelings out over a bunch of pages, or full chapter. She allowed Anna to feel what she was feeling and got it done within a couple of pages, then just carried on with the story.

I generally tend to flock towards angel books, but some angel vs. demon books make me nervous because some people tend to take things too far so I steer clear. But this book, was perfectly done for me. It has made me want to open up a little more to some angels vs demons things. I've liked some other books that you had to deal with demon type of situations but never head on demon vs. angel, well, not to the extent this one was. I'm used to ones more along the line of the Embrace Series by Jessica Shirvington. You had your battles in there as well, but nothing like this. And the Embrace series is one of my favorites..No, there are no comparisons between the two, for me, they are totally different other than there being good angels vs. bad angels. I hope I am making myself clear. lol...For me, there is a bit of a difference. I guess some are just more obvious with what the angels vs. demons situations are called. :-) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
Really enjoyed this. It has a very good and interesting plot. Lots of angst and drama. Def reccomend it! ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Can't we get more? I loved it! And I loved being in Kaidan's head :D

Merged review:

To quote Anna, wowza! You know, when I decided to read this book yesterday I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, nor did I expect to read it this fast. But I did. Boy, did I love this book.

First of all, angels and demons, how can that be a bad plot? Right? I mean, it's nice to see other creatures getting attention. Plus, demons are HOTT. Yes, it needed that extra T :P I liked the mythology and how it was used. I liked the idea of guardian angels and whisperers and demon lords (or Dukes) and all that. And while you might think it's cliché that a half-angel, half-demon girl falls for the demon boy, it's such a good story, it doesn't even bother you. Or it didn't bother me.

Speaking of love stories, if I had to pick the best love story I've read so far this year, this would be the one. I loved Kaidan so much. He was a smart-ass some of the times, a jerk a few times, but I realized he REALLY liked Anna and he cared for her. I do hope they end up together, because they have such a sweet connection. Also, Kaidan was hot :D

I liked Anna. She is an easy girl to like and I was sad and angry for her a few times. There was this one scene where I literally wanted to jump into the scene and punch a guy. Not Kaidan, another guy. Kaidan was good with her ;)

Oh, I hope we see more of Anna's father. I liked him a lot. And the way he bonded with Anna and how he cared for her was really special and it's one of those rare father-daughter relationships, one that I haven't found very often in books. So I was glad to see that in a book. I do hope the relationship between them will grow stronger and stronger.

You basically have anything you can think of in this book: humor, suspense, drama, romance, the usual teenage angst, fantasy, you name it. The only thing I can think of that would've made this book even better would be if we had gotten to see things from Kaidan's perspective. Since it's told in 1st person from Anna's view, we don't exactly get to see what Kaidan really thinks or feels. You know I prefer multiple POVs, so maybe that's why I wanted Kaidan's POV also. Other than that, the book was great and I highly recommend it to anyone. Seriously. Go read it! I'm now going to bite my nails for the second book in this trilogy :) ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |
As a Christian mom I am still on the fence

So this was my first angel/demon series and I am just not sure what I thought. As a mom of 5 girls, I am prereading ya books for them to possibly read. As much as I loved the christian aspects to this book, I didn't like the speculation. I would want my girls to be well grounded in their christian faith before reading this fantasy take on Angels and such because despite what a few reviewers are saying it isn't straight from the bible. Secondly, it was just a little too hot for young teen minds. I applaud the author for at least having the main character value sex after marriage but most of the characters did not. And the descriptions the authors uses of some of the non-sex scenes are pretty intense. Granted I could spend weeks discussing the different issues the author brings up with my girls - underage drinking, drugs, adultery, lust, etc. Like I always say, if you are gonna let your teen read it then be ready to talk about it. I will say I loved the underlying messages of the book. We all struggle with sin and desire redemption. Finally, I loved the ending. It almost redeemed the book up to at least 4 stars and maybe even 4.5. But I'll keep it at 3 until I ponder it some more. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
This was a super fast read with a great story! I really enjoyed it! ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |

"Sweet southern girl Anna discovers at age sixteen that she is the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, the only one of her kind. As Anna struggles to fight the dark legacy of her father, she falls for the mysterious Kaidan Row, the ultimate bad boy. Forced to face her destiny, she must decide whether to embrace her halo or her horns"--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,067,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible