Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (edition 2012)

by Wendy Higgins

Member:psychobabble4u
Title:Sweet Evil
Authors:Wendy Higgins
Info:HarperTeen (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Young Teen Romance

*weeps in the corner*

KAIDEEEEEEN, you stupid little git. I love you. Be brave. ( )
  englisherna | Apr 8, 2015 |
At first Sweet Evil looks and sounds like just another story you may have read many times before, only its not. Anna isn't just another girl in a paranormal story that will accept anything if it means the lead boy will notice her, she isn't stupid or self centred or reckless. She hasn't just been thrown into a world far different than what she knew before without asking questions. No, Anna is a strong female character, who may let her heart lead a little but doesn't let it rule her or the choices she makes.

When I first so this was on Scribd I instantly added it to my library, but even so it wasn't until my friend Amanda over at Book Badger recommended it did I decided to just get it over and done with. And I wasn't at all expecting to love it as much as I did. At best I thought I would like it.

As already stated, Sweet Evil has such a unique story. Firstly, Anna has always known she was different so she isn't faced with seeing the world differently one day. However, she did not know that she was a daughter of a fallen angel. That would make for a common story right? well add the fact that the fallen angels are no ordinary fallen angels, but ones that represent the 7 (and more) deadly sins themselves in charge of corrupting the souls of mortals. I could tell you which is which, but that would be giving it away ;).

Instead I will talk about that characters. Anna is such a sweet, innocent and loyal girl that her character (apart from the daughter of a fallen angel part) is totally relatable. She has always known that Patti wasn't her real mum, but not once in the book do you get the felling she loved her any less, instead she is the most important person to her, like it should be. The relationship they have, goes far beyond just a mother and daughter bond, there is such a strong friendship and its so lovely to see. As well as having a strong bond with her surrogate mother, she also has Jay, her best friend. Although he doesn't know what she is or what she is capable of , he is such a well written character that you know without a shadow of a doubt, he would accept her anyway. He's funny, cocky and so protective, to the point where he will sacrifice something he would consider fun because it goes against Anna's beliefs. In short, I loved him.

Now we can get on to Kaidan, being the the main boy character in it and possible love interest, I know you are all dying to know about him right? well one word for you. SWOON!. Not only is he the bad boy but he's a band, I mean come on!!. I love him, I'm not even ashamed. I love his cocky and sarcastic nature. He may not be good for Anna from the off, but I think by the end of the series he could be changed for the better because of her. Kaidan and Anna are completely different but they have this attraction that is on a deeper level than you would expect and they just work together. In a twisted, awkward way. I can't wait to see how their friendship or more develops as the story goes on that's for sure.

This book was so much better than I thought it would be, I loved the idea of the deadly sins, I loved that the son's and daughters of the fallen angels inherited their persuasive skills shall we say, I loved the whole concept of this book and it just worked so well. The story flowed perfectly, everything progressed as it should do and Wendy Higgins did a great job of not only trying to create a world that we could picture easily ourselves, but characters we could find pieces of ourself in. It may not be for everyone, but its one of a kind story deserves to be given a shot.

Basically I just really enjoyed this book and I need to get my hands on the second. NOW!! Thank you Amanda for recommending it to me, you sure now how to pick them :) ( )
  Staciesnape | Sep 14, 2014 |
DNF ( )
  Adilinaria | Sep 14, 2014 |
Really enjoyed this book. Absolutely love Kaidan. His personality and characterization is great. Can't wait to start the next one in the series.

I really enjoy all the background information on Nephilim and the auras. ( )
  forsakenfates | Aug 25, 2014 |

"Sweet southern girl Anna discovers at age sixteen that she is the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, the only one of her kind. As Anna struggles to fight the dark legacy of her father, she falls for the mysterious Kaidan Row, the ultimate bad boy. Forced to face her destiny, she must decide whether to embrace her halo or her horns"--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,704,509 books! | Top bar: Always visible