Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian by Eoin…

Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian (edition 2012)

by Eoin Colfer

541None18,521 (3.98)26
Member:irishdancer2
Title:Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian
Authors:Eoin Colfer
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:***

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (Author)

If you like the series, you'll like it. I have mixed feelings about the ending, but worth reading! ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Apr 5, 2014 |
Great book I am sorry to see the series end. ( )
  Coyoteofthenine | Mar 14, 2014 |
The Last Guardian is the final book in the Artemis Fowl series. I listened to the audiobook narrated by Nathaniel Parker, who does an excellent job. In terms of plot, I found this book better than its predecessor, but not quite on par with the early books in the series. Worth reading to finish off the series, but not so excellent as to put the series on the radar for anyone who was not already interested. ( )
  foggidawn | Dec 2, 2013 |
Epic ending to a marvelous series. All good things must come to an end.

daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
Summary: In the book Artemis Fowl the Last Guardian, Artemis once again faces his greatest enemy Opal Koboi. This time Opal has a plan even more evil than any she has had before. First, to escape her maximum-security prison she kills her younger self. After she breaks out of prison, she plans to open two gates; the first one unleashes ten thousand year old spirits called Berserkers. The Berserkers are the spirits of warriors that can possess almost anything (humans, animals, mummies, etc.). The second lock releases an ancient force that will wipe out all humans on the face of the earth. It is up to Artemis, Holly, Foaly, Mulch, and Butler, to save the human race from Opal Koboi. Review: I lived this book! This book was an awesome conclusion to the story. I love how they have Artemis’ archenemy (Opal Koboi) who he has defeated twice before) makes her final stand. I also like how most of the book (and the rest of the series) leads up to one final event. Most of this book is kind of like one big battle, which I also really liked. The book had a perfect ending that wrapped up the whole series. I would definitely recommend this book to readers who love action, suspense, and humor (like all of his other books). ( )
  DylanM.B1 | Oct 22, 2013 |

Colfer, EoinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, NathanielNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all the Fowl fans who journeyed to the Lower Elements with me. Thank you.
The Berserkers lay arranged in a spiral under the rune stone, looping down, down into the earth - boots out, heads in, as the spell demanded.
"I want you to know, my dear friend, that without you, I would not be the person I am today. I was a broken boy, and you fixed me. Thank you."  -Artemis Fowl
"Tell me," Artemis said, his voice still weak. "How do I know you?" And so Holly began her story: "It all started in Ho Chi Minh City one summer. It was sweltering by anyone's standards. Needless to say, Artemis Fowl would not have been willing to put up with such discomfort if something extremely important had not been at stake. Important to the plan..."

"Teenage genius Artemis Fowl and his arch rival Opal battle to the last in this eighth and final book in series"--

224 wanted3 pay3 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible