Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8 by…

Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8 (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Eoin Colfer

Member:araliaslibrary
Title:Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8
Authors:Eoin Colfer
Info:Puffin (2012), Hardcover, 336 pages

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (Author) (2012)

The final installment in the Artemis Fowl series or so it would seem. Opal Koboi has her biggest take over the world plot, Mulch Diggums has his biggest flatulence, and Artemis has his ultimate moment of genius. And sacrifice. Colfer's humor stands out as Koboi raises an army with her minions occupying the bodies of the dead with comic results. It's a nice distraction from the grim reality of a story that puts the entire world in peril. This is a strong finale the series. ( )
  Othemts | Jul 28, 2015 |
I would give this 4.5 stars. Possibly my favorite Artemis Fowl book and an awesome end to the series. I hardly ever read the second book in a series, let alone the entire thing. It was the humor that really kept me going. The characters are super fun too. And the narrator? Awesome. In fact, I highly suggest listening to this series, even if you're normally not a fan of audiobooks. He's that good. ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
The final book in the Artemis Fowl series. This conclusion to the series is about Artemis's arch enemy using one last plan to bring the human and fairy world to their knees. This book will keep you excited throughout it and you'll have to read it to see what happens. I love the Artemis Fowl books. So i also enjoyed this one too, it has everything i wanted except a little more planning maybe. I would love to read others of Eoin's books like The Supernaturalist. I would reccomend this book to any fantasy lover, well, any book lover really. This series is a great one and its going to be hard to find a series better then this one. ( )
  Alec.CB | Nov 11, 2014 |
An ending that is worth waiting for. Artemis' full transformation is amazing. Again, a kid's book but a short fun read. Artemis is one of my favorite boy geniuses. ( )
  Rosenstern | Sep 14, 2014 |
Great story telling and a great plot to finish Artemis and Holly's saga. The ending was notwhat I was expecting though in the sense that I thought it was a little outlandish, even for Artemis and Holly and that we didn't have that big HEA everybody was waiting that Artemis and Holly would get, as in they finally told eachother that they loved one another and would be happy together. Good finish nonetheless. A sad time to let Artemis and Holly go for good now. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Colfer, EoinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, NathanielNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all the Fowl fans who journeyed to the Lower Elements with me. Thank you.
The Berserkers lay arranged in a spiral under the rune stone, looping down, down into the earth - boots out, heads in, as the spell demanded.
"I want you to know, my dear friend, that without you, I would not be the person I am today. I was a broken boy, and you fixed me. Thank you."  -Artemis Fowl
"Tell me," Artemis said, his voice still weak. "How do I know you?" And so Holly began her story: "It all started in Ho Chi Minh City one summer. It was sweltering by anyone's standards. Needless to say, Artemis Fowl would not have been willing to put up with such discomfort if something extremely important had not been at stake. Important to the plan..."

"Teenage genius Artemis Fowl and his arch rival Opal battle to the last in this eighth and final book in series"--

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,124,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible