Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8 by…

Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8 (edition 2012)

by Eoin Colfer

Member:araliaslibrary
Title:Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian, 8
Authors:Eoin Colfer
Info:Puffin (2012), Hardcover, 336 pages

The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer (Author)

The final book in the Artemis Fowl series. This conclusion to the series is about Artemis's arch enemy using one last plan to bring the human and fairy world to their knees. This book will keep you excited throughout it and you'll have to read it to see what happens. I love the Artemis Fowl books. So i also enjoyed this one too, it has everything i wanted except a little more planning maybe. I would love to read others of Eoin's books like The Supernaturalist. I would reccomend this book to any fantasy lover, well, any book lover really. This series is a great one and its going to be hard to find a series better then this one. ( )
  Alec.CB | Nov 11, 2014 |
An ending that is worth waiting for. Artemis' full transformation is amazing. Again, a kid's book but a short fun read. Artemis is one of my favorite boy geniuses. ( )
  Rosenstern | Sep 14, 2014 |
Great story telling and a great plot to finish Artemis and Holly's saga. The ending was notwhat I was expecting though in the sense that I thought it was a little outlandish, even for Artemis and Holly and that we didn't have that big HEA everybody was waiting that Artemis and Holly would get, as in they finally told eachother that they loved one another and would be happy together. Good finish nonetheless. A sad time to let Artemis and Holly go for good now. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I was sure I'd reviewed this already, but apparently not. Last in the Artemis Fowl series, this was a little bit of a disappointment. Perhaps it's too long since I read the previous one, but it took a while to get into this, and the characters didn't grab me as much as they sometimes do. I enjoyed reading it, but wouldn't rush to read again. ( )
  lnr_blair | Jul 12, 2014 |
Artemis has been dealing with his mental issues left over after the last incident, he's almost done with the counselling and his mind is mostly back to what it was. Opal Kenobi sparks a sequence of events that could mean the end of humanity and he has to help cope with it, save his brothers and keep as many people he cares for alive as possible. Opal is deranged and she might just do anything to wreak her revenge.

I thought the end was a bit weak, Artemis deserved better. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jun 25, 2014 |

Colfer, EoinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, NathanielNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all the Fowl fans who journeyed to the Lower Elements with me. Thank you.
The Berserkers lay arranged in a spiral under the rune stone, looping down, down into the earth - boots out, heads in, as the spell demanded.
"I want you to know, my dear friend, that without you, I would not be the person I am today. I was a broken boy, and you fixed me. Thank you."  -Artemis Fowl
"Tell me," Artemis said, his voice still weak. "How do I know you?" And so Holly began her story: "It all started in Ho Chi Minh City one summer. It was sweltering by anyone's standards. Needless to say, Artemis Fowl would not have been willing to put up with such discomfort if something extremely important had not been at stake. Important to the plan..."

"Teenage genius Artemis Fowl and his arch rival Opal battle to the last in this eighth and final book in series"--

224 wanted3 pay5 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,032,919 books! | Top bar: Always visible