dismiss

Play (Stage Dive Series Book 2) by Kylie…

Play (Stage Dive Series Book 2) (edition 2014)

by Kylie Scott (Author)

Series: Stage Dive (2), Rockstars (2)

"Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast--at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn't plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn't count on finding the one right girl. Anne Rollins never thought she'd ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls--especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn't end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?"--… (more)
Member:sdbookhound
Title:Play (Stage Dive Series Book 2)
Authors:Kylie Scott (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2014), 323 pages
Collections:Read in 2020, Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:audio, Overdrive

Play by Kylie Scott

I actually listened to this on audio. The narrator was very good and it was fun to listen to. Now for the story....This one is very similar to quite a few rock star romances I have read before. The girl, Anne, has loved Mal as a fan. She had his posters on the wall...all those fangirl things. She never dreams that she would even meet the famous drummer, let alone become his fake girlfriend. Yes, very familiar storyline when it comes to Rockstar romance. I'm also not really sure how I feel about Mal. I was not really a fan of how he dealt with things and his idea of humor. Every so often, he would let his soft side show and I would like him a little bit. I did like Anne. Even though she was in awe of Mal and living her greatest fantasy come to life, she still doesn't let him totally walk all over her in the end. She sees good in him when it is not apparent.

This is the second book in the series. I think I will go ahead with the next one if I can also get it in audio. 3 stars for Play. ( )
  sdbookhound | Jun 30, 2020 |
I liked the book, particularly how well-matched the characters were. Nice to have a man with a solid family life and a woman from more of a broken home too. While I enjoyed the romance, I didn't necessarily care for the hero, or at least didn't solidly connect with him like I have others who are open and honest (thinking immediately of the transparency of Will, Beautiful Player here). At times, he just seemed like a clown. That said, obviously it didn't ruin a thing for me, Mal just doesn't earn a spot in my favorite leading men. ( )
  samnreader | Jun 27, 2020 |
“We’ve broken my bed,” I said, stating the obvious.
“In battle, sacrifices must be made, pumpkin.”

This was another book that had thousands of quotes to choose from! Mal is hysterical, and Anne doesn't take any shit from him. “The first male to pee on me, however, would pay with his balls.”

I think I might have enjoyed Play even more than Lick, if that's possible. Mal and Anne have their problems, but they also have their individual demons to deal with. It was lovely watching the two of them learn to depend on each other, and finally connect emotionally. There was no judgment between them, just love and acceptance.

Also, Mal is a riot to read about! I really enjoyed his character in Lick, even though his appearances were brief. It was great to hear his story and learn more about him.

Originally posted at Do You Dog-ear? on December 14, 2017
  doyoudogear | Oct 11, 2019 |
I loved the silliness in this book. Anne and Mal were perfect match. Best book in the series. Love Mal ( )
  otkac001 | Jan 20, 2019 |
Mal great character - I had this silly smiles on my face while reading, great book!!!

Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |

Scott, Kylieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arndt, AndiReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Audio, MacmillanPublishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reichardt, KatrinTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,736,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible