Cowgirl Trail (The Texas Trail Series) by…

Cowgirl Trail (The Texas Trail Series) (edition 2012)

by Susan Page Davis

13None717,423 (5)None
Member:MyBookAddiction
Title:Cowgirl Trail (The Texas Trail Series)
Authors:Susan Page Davis
Info:River North (2012), Edition: New Edition, Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:christian romance, series, texas trials series

Cowgirl Trail by Susan Page Davis

When Maggie Porter returns home after a two year absence she expects to find all things are doing well only to find out the bills are piling up from her mother's prolonged illness and her father is dying from cancer. Suddenly Maggie finds herself in charge. When the ranch hands go on strike because of poor wages, Maggie is faced with the task of getting the cattle to market and saving their home. Maggie had loved their ranch foreman, Alex Bright, since she was thirteen, but when he walks off the job with the other hands, she is afraid her chances with him are permanently severed. Maggie knows that getting the cattle to market is a priority but where will she find enough cowpunchers to help her complete the task? Her best friend Carlotta Herrera suggests they have an all-girl cattle drive. With the help from her friends, Maggie sets out to save her family's home. Little does she know that Alex and a few of the men are following at a distance in case trouble erupts. Can this bunch of cowgirls complete their task? Will she set aside her suspicions of Alex and welcome him back into her life and home?

Alex Bright had worked for the Rocking P Ranch for seven years and he had loved Maggie Porter since the early days when he used to take her riding. When his ranch hands feel their boss is being unfair Alex finds himself caught in the middle. Should he remain loyal to Maggie's father or stand by his men? Torn between what he feels is right and his love for Maggie, Alex goes on strike with his men but he can't stop worrying about Maggie and the fix it puts her in. When he discovers that her "hired hands" consists of the women in the area he knows he must follow her on the cattle drive and see her safely to the market. Regardless of how her father treated them in the end, he loves Maggie and refuses to turn his back on her. When a disgruntled ranch hand wants revenge it's Alex and a few of the loyal men that ride in to save the day. But can he work his way back into Maggie's heart and life? Or has his bridges been burned?

I knew when I read the blurb for this book I was going to love it and I wasn't disappointed. I love a spitfire heroine that knows how to be tough in tough situations and Maggie was spot-on. She knew what had to be done and she took the lead and followed through. Alex was the kind of hero you fall in love with. He was honest, faithful and loyal to the core. I really felt how torn he was between his boss and his men and I loved the way he took care of Maggie when she didn't even have a clue. The storyline was amazing from beginning to end and thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't want to put it down. The characters were perfect from the most prevalent to the least. This was my first book by Susan Page Davis but it definitely won't be my last. She is an author to add to your favorites list and if you haven't read the other books in this series you will want to after reading Cowgirl Trail. Excellent story and I highly recommend it to anyone that likes historical western romance.

Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Moody Publishers for my honest review. The opinions stated are mine and mine alone and I received no monetary compensation. ( )
  Wanda_Barefoot | Nov 5, 2013 |
COWGIRL TRAIL by Susan Davis Page is an engaging christian western historical romance. "Part of a six book series about four generations of the Morgan family living, fighting, and thriving amidst a turbulent Texas history spanning from 1845 to 1896. Although a series, each book book can be read on its own. "Cowgirl Trail" is book #5 in this amazing series. A very good story. I liked the all characters,especially, Maggie. Who was a good Christian girl and I liked how she took care of her family. The love she found with her husband. What an amazing family and story. Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 5

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: DorothyA, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Dec 7, 2012 |
I found this to be a really great read. Susan Page Davis has woven such an interesting tale....woman Cowgirls. Back in the late 1880's they did the unexpected, and probably not approved.
Maggie Porter returns home from a delightful time in San Francisco to find that things are really bad at the Ranch. Her father appears not to be himself, and he is doing unexpected things. As a result the Ranch Hands are besides themselves and are about to strike. The Ranch Foreman Alex Bright, who Maggie has felt sparks fly about, feels he needs to stick by his men.
When we find out what is going on, we are fully supportive of Maggie. Love the reaction of the small town Brady TX, and wish I could have been there with them.
Once you begin this journey one you won't be able to put it down...Enjoy!

I received this book from the Publisher Moody, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Jun 27, 2012 |
Maggie's family owns a cattle ranch during the late 1800's. After her Mom dies Maggie returns to the ranch only to discover that the cowboys are threatening to strike for improved wages. Rather than give in to their demands, Maggie gets together a group of women who roundup the cattle and work the cattle drive.

This is a story about girl power and perseverance. It is very engaging. The plot moves quickly and the characters are interesting. I had a hard time putting this one down. ( )
  JanaRose1 | Mar 23, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080240586X, Paperback)

Cowgil Trail is part of a six-book series about four generations of the Morgan family living, fighting, and thriving amidst a turbulent Texas history spanning from 1845 to 1896.  Although a series, each book book can be read on its own.

In 1884 Maggie Porter returns to the Rocking P Ranch. The sanatorium was not able to save her mother and now her father's health is failing. When the cowboys walk off the job leaving no one to drive the cattle to market, head ranch hand, Alex Bright, cannot convince the men to stay. How could Alex let this happen?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:15 -0400)

"Maggie Porter returns to the Rocking P Ranch. The sanatorium was not able to save her mother and now her father's health is failing. When the cowboys walk off the job leaving no one to drive the cattle to market, head ranch hand, Alex Bright, cannot convince the men to stay. How could Alex let this happen? Maggie is desperate to save the ranch and she turns to the town's women for help. The new cowgirls must herd, rope, and drive the cattle to market. With only two days left, outlaws charge the small band of cowgirls in an effort to start a stampede. The cattle begin to scatter. Will they lose everything? Where will their help come from?".… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,645 books! | Top bar: Always visible