Check out the Valentine’s Day Heart Hunt!

The Glass Case: A Short Story by Kristin…

The Glass Case: A Short Story (1998)

by Kristin Hannah

I love Kristin Hannah's books and this short story was wonderful.
Free Kindle download ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
i liked it better than I thought I would. ( )
  EdenSteffey | Mar 14, 2018 |
I had no idea what to expect from this one. Of course, I loved the opening lines -
"Like many young mothers, I am overworked, underpaid and in serious need of a makeup intervention."

I can totally related to this. I have 3 kids - I have taken to avoiding the mirror like the plague.

The author incorrectly uses the word "horse" when she meant to use "hoarse" - "Bless him for finding his voice when mine is tangled somewhere so deep inside of me that I can't even find the horse, ragged start of it."

Seeing a misplaced word like that is care in a traditionally published book like this. But as much as I want to, I cannot stop thinking about it.

I have one of those thumbprint necklaces that the narrator talks about. My youngest made it for Mother's day in her special needs pre-K class when she was 3 years old. I will treasure it always.

I liked the story but wish it had been longer. I could see this one developing into a full length novel. ( )
  destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |

destinyisntfree | Feb 28, 2015 |
Kristin Hannah writes very well. The story was great until the point where the deceased mother helps the child home. Spirits are just not my cup of tea. ( )
  jamesfallen | Mar 29, 2013 |
Like many young mothers, I am overworked, underpaid, and in serious need of a makeup intervention.
Time slides away on a hillside of loose shale and takes everything in it path~~dreams, opportunities, hopes. And youth. It takes that fastest of all.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,418,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible