How Many Bugs in a Box?: A Pop Up Counting…

How Many Bugs in a Box?: A Pop Up Counting Book (Bugs in a Box Books)

by David A. Carter

Series: Bugs (1)

166471,708 (4)None

Oh my goodness, when I found this book I felt like I was back in my childhood! This book lets the child physically check how many bugs are in each box by lifting a flap. This allows them to learn both hands on and by using imagination, while retaining what they are learning. I think any child will love guess the next number to show up and opening the flap to find the answer and the corresponding bugs to count and double check. I would recommend parents by books like this for their children to stay entertained and learn!
  TessaB28 | Mar 15, 2015 |
This is the current favorite bedtime book of my 3 and 4 year old granddaughters. They take turns (gently) lifting the flaps and counting the "bugs" and they're old enough to do both! I recommend it for children of that age group. It's fun, interactive, and imaginative to read with children.
  Evannadi | Oct 27, 2011 |
This is a book for younger children that will help them with counting. On each page children can open a box to reveal bugs and count from one to ten.
  cemccamy | Feb 10, 2010 |
From Publishers Weekly
Raising the flaps on each spread of this lift-up counting book reveals fanciful insects in increasing numbers, from "one tough bug" with barbells, to "seven space bugs" surrounded by stars and planets, to "ten saw bugs," whose snouts indeed consist of saws. Startlingly bright illustrations and elaborate paper engineering should attract young children's attention. However, the cleverness to the made-up insects varies widely; groups such as "three pretty bugs" and "nine very long-necked bugs" seem rather tame in contrast to the rest. Ages 3-6.
Copyright 1987 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
  cerritos | Jan 23, 2007 |

All kinds of boxes full of all kinds of bugs make a book full of fun and surprises! Inside each bright box are bugs to count from one to ten. Young children will laugh and learn as they lift open the boxes and find colorful, comical bugs that pop out, run, eat -- and even swim!

How Many Bugs in a Box? will keep youngsters counting over and over again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:41 -0400)

Pop-up and movable features reveal to the reader how many bugs are in each of ten boxes.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,049,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible