Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury

Let Me Hold You Longer

by Karen Kingsbury

This beautifully told and illustrated picture book is directed towards adults, parents actually, in particular a mom who celebrates every memorable first in her child's life. Sadly, however, every first takes a child one step further away from being dependent on their parent. Kingsbury considers all the little things her son did that she knew would some day soon be the last time he'd need her for, things like calming him when he can't sleep at night or his last midday nap, the last trip to the park together. Moments we think will never end just suddenly cease and all we have left are the happy memories. We all just hope to hold on to our kids a "little longer" a little tighter.......and I'm getting teary eyed just writing this review...........mainly because it's all so true. I'm just one page away from "College life will beckon in a brilliant sort of way....." and I wonder where the time has gone. Read this book even if you don't have kids because even moments with family and friends are fleeting and we just need to hold everyone a little bit longer, but especially our kids. ( )
  Carmenere | Aug 17, 2014 |
Beautiful, touching illustrations accompany piognant text reminding those of us who look back on memories, that the time has rushed on by.

Highly recommended.! ( )
  Whisper1 | Aug 7, 2014 |
Nostalgic and poignant. This book is priceless. Highly recommended,

First off, I would like to express my congratulations to Karen on creating such a beautiful book, a gorgeous bedtime story. Also to Mary for the staggering illustrations, they are truly amazing.

My daughter sat up to look at this wonderful book as I sat reading it to her, she loved it so much that she grabbed it from me so she could turn the pages herself.

Such a warm and very emotional, touching story. Gives out the message to treasure every precious moment you have with your loved one, because nothing lasts forever. ( )
  BarbeloAngel | Apr 15, 2014 |
Let Me Hold You Longer is a realistic fiction book because the story that is desctibed is not a real story but represents situations that most families can relate to. Mothers can identify with watching a child grow out of infancy and toddler hood and remembering the last night in the crib and the last bottle pressed against their lips. The story is made up with imagnitive characters.
The illustrations in bring life to the words. The pictures help descibe the emotional feeling of the mom and give words to the child through their facial expression and actions. The illustrations catch the readers eye through the detail on each page. ( )
  al04 | Nov 2, 2007 |

A mother holds in her heart all of her sons firsts and desires to remembe all the lasts.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,392,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible