The Life and Times of the Honeybee by…

The Life and Times of the Honeybee

by Charles Micucci

This book went through the life cycle of bees as well as their jobs as different types of bees. I really liked the book because of the illustrations. Most of the illustrations were lifelike and scientifically drawn, but there were also cartoon bees off to the sides saying cute things that made the book more interesting. ( )
  mdalbeck15 | Sep 2, 2018 |
Lately, it has become known that bee populations are decreasing more and more. Bees are such a crucial part of our environment and how we live day to day because of the service they provide: pollination. Pollination allows our fruit and vegetables to grow. This book discusses that and much more. It discusses the parts of the bees, the roles of the bees, the structure of the nest, and the job of a bee keeper. It gives one an insider perspective on the ins and outs of a honeybee. I could see myself using this book to discuss bees and flowers to both upper grades and lower grades. The great benefit of this book is it has a lot of pictures to even provide context for the ELL students. ( )
  Bcruz14 | Sep 10, 2017 |
This book informs us on the facts about the life cycle, work, and history of the honeybee, one of the world's most useful insects. I liked learning the different roles of the queen, worker and drone. The illustrations are detailed and they really help the reader understand what they are learning about. In this book you can discover what a beekeeper does, how bees make honey and what people make from beeswax (lipstick, shoe polish, candles, ets.). I feel this book is very informative and interesting to read.
  hollyjohnston2 | Nov 16, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039586139X, Paperback)

This witty and informative salute to the honeybee uses clear, lively text and detailed full-color illustrations to present a wide range of interesting, and sometimes amusing, facts about the life cycle, work, and history of one of the world's most useful insects.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:10 -0400)

Depicts the life cycle and habits of the honeybee, describing in detail the organization of the hive and the making of honey. Suggested level: junior, primary.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,597,975 books! | Top bar: Always visible