Mosquito Bite by Alexandra Siy

Mosquito Bite

by Alexandra Siy

When I read this book I thought it was going to explore scientifically a mosquito’s bite. While it made a token effort to touch on that subject, it was mostly about the life cycle of the mosquito. Towards the end there was a section about the health problems mosquito’s cause throughout the world. The best part of the book were the beautiful pictures. The pictures were in color and gave detailed perspectives on the different parts of the mosquito.

I wouldn’t have this book in my library because it doesn’t talk a lot about what I think is the most interesting thing about a mosquito, which is how it bites and what it does to you. I would also choose a book that talked in more detail about the devastation mosquitos can cause. ( )
  tahamilton | May 3, 2015 |
This is a fun book to share with students about a bug everyone encounters, the mosquito. It's a fun twist because it also gives the mosquito's perspective on life. It explains the life cycle, gives pictures, and fun details bout the insect. This is a great book to tie into a science lesson when learning about insects or life cycles. ( )
  breksarah | Apr 24, 2014 |
What an informative way of telling the life cycle of a mosquito. I was surprised at how the mosquito develops and that their life cycle is so short.
  audreydodge | Nov 26, 2012 |
Mosquitoes are extremely common to our environment. Therefore, reading and learning about the insect is important, as well as interesting. This book provides the reader with a unique perspective, which is from the mosquito, Culex pipiens. It not only explains but, also demonstrates why mosquitoes bite, how they breed, their life cycle, and provides the reader with diagrams. Also, in the back of the book, there is a glossary, as well as additional information. ( )
  klledet | Sep 20, 2012 |
This is the best kind of children's book because it is informative, brilliantly laid out, and totally engrossing. Two parallel stories come together to explain how a mosquito works.
  vadnama | Mar 18, 2012 |

A game of hide-and-seek forms the backdrop of a mosquito's life cycle. Micrographs show details of the mosquito and what she sees as she searches.

Charlesbridge

2 editions of this book were published by Charlesbridge.

Editions: 1570915911, 157091592X

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,104,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible