Master Of Crows by Grace Draven

Master Of Crows (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Grace Draven

2181976,686 (4.02)4
Member:santhy.dupree
Title:Master Of Crows
Authors:Grace Draven
Info:Amber Quill Press, LLC (2009), Paperback, 276 pages

Master of Crows by Grace Draven (2009)

Loved it! This totally got me out of my reading funk. ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
β€œAnd will you love me for a day? A year? A lifetime?" She knew the answer but wanted to hear him say it in that beautiful, shattered voice.

"Beyond that," he whispered, eyes shining with the tempest of emotion he'd held in check until now. "Beyond the reign of false gods and meddlesome priests. Beyond al Zafira when her bright stars fade.”
― Grace Draven, Master of Crows

that's some good shit right there πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ ( )
  ireneattolia | Sep 3, 2018 |
Honestly, this should probably be a four-star rating, but I think it moved too slowly for the format that I "read" - audiobook. It was well done and all, just felt like it took a lot of time for things to happen. I really did like it, there was a wiff of angst but not quite enough to land on that shelf (or maybe it felt watered down due to the length of time the book stretched over for me). I liked the plain heroine, and the hero, and the world was fascinating, though I could have used a bit more context and world-building. The book kinda just throws you into this nique world, and while you can pick some stuff up as you go, it is a different enough book that you can't rely on information from other fantasy novels. (3.5 stars) ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
An excellent fantasy novel with charismatic protagonists, nicely flowing dialogue and enough twists to hold the reader's interest. Martise is a wonderful character, an example that a heroine can be deeply in love and retain her clear mind without ending up being a dreadful Mary Sue. Silhara is...well..I may sound really superficial, but he is a dream, and the relationship between the two main characters is one of the finest and best developed I've ever come across in a novel of any genre.

Now on to The Brush of Black Wings and I seriously hope there will be more stories of Silhara and Martise very soon. ( )
  AmaliaGavea | Jul 15, 2018 |
Such a wonderful book. I absolutely loved every second of it. The author created characters that you couldn't help falling in love with. The story just grabs you and you'll find yourself reading late into the night.

This was my first book by Grace Draven and it won't be my last. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |

Grace Dravenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gallie, LouisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated to my editors, Lora Gasway and Mel Sanders. Ladies, without your help, I would have never been able to write "The End." Thank you for your time, your patience, your suggestions, and most of all for your wonderful friendship.

To my sister, Kim Sayre, who has read nearly everything I've written and been one of my most enthusiastic fans. Thanks, kiddo.

Last, but definitely not least, an enthusiastic thank you to Louisa Gallie who found the heart of this book and brought it to vivid life in her stunning painting BeyondNeith.
Yield to me, Master of Crows, and I will make you ruler of kingdoms.

What would you do to win your freedom? This is the question that sets bondwoman, Martise of Asher, on a dangerous path. In exchange for her freedom, she bargains with her masters, the mage-priests of Conclave, to spy on the renegade sorcerer, Silhara of Neith. The priests want Martise to expose the sorcerer's treachery and turn him over to Conclave justice. A risky endeavor, but one she accepts without hesitation--until she falls in love with her intended target. Silhara of Neith, Master of Crows, is a desperate man. The god called Corruption invades his mind, seducing him with promises of limitless power if he will help it gain dominion over the world. Silhara struggles against Corruption's influence and searches for ways to destroy the god. When Conclave sends Martise as an apprentice to help him, he knows she's a spy. Now he fights a war on two fronts--against the god who would possess him and the apprentice who would betray him. Mage and spy search together for a ritual that will annihilate Corruption, but in doing so, they discover secrets about each other that may damn them both. Silhara must decide if his fate, and the fate of nations, is worth the soul of the woman he has come to love, and Martise must choose continued enslavement or freedom at the cost of a man's life. And love.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,624,331 books! | Top bar: Always visible