Mind Games by Kiersten White

Mind Games (edition 2013)

by Kiersten White

Member:mimosa.stimulus
Title:Mind Games
Authors:Kiersten White
Info:HarperTeen (2013), Hardcover, 304 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:young adult

Mind Games by Kiersten White

I was able to read Mind Games free, thanks for Harper Collins. They had a free copy available to read online for a limited time.

While the back and forth time line gives us better background into the story, at some times it was confusing as you are reading from both sisters point of view too.

I like how each of the characters were built into the story. Even though I don't like all the characters. Who falls in love with a stranger? and then stays in love with that person even though they are the bad guy?

I do enjoy the ending! That's a big plus. I didn't see it coming! I will probably read the next instalment just to see what happens :)

Limited time free copy available via Harper Collins
http://www.harpercollins.com/browseinside/index.aspx?isbn13=9780062135322&pg... ( )
  sharlenehsmith | Mar 9, 2015 |
I don't know why it took me so long to get around to reading this! I could hardly put it down after I started it! It is completely different from the Paranormalcy trilogy (which I loved!); it's much darker and the mind games [sic!] that the sisters go through makes your head hurt. I can't wait to dive in to the sequel, [b:Perfect Lies|12578370|Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)|Kiersten White|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1371218408s/12578370.jpg|17589154]. ( )
  kelsey.hintzman | Feb 10, 2015 |
I do wish it had been longer, but it was good overall. However, it is much darker than White's Paranormalcy series and doesn't have that same humor but that isn't a bad thing, just different. ( )
  luminescent_bookworm | Jan 27, 2015 |
When I found this book in my local library, I was very excited to read it. I'd heard plenty of glowing reviews about it, but what I got wasn't what I had been hoping for.

Nothing really took hold of me and begged me to continue reading. The writing was simple - which is never really a bad thing, but there are books where I wish the writing was a little more descriptive and complex, and this was one of them - and the characters didn't feel very fleshed out.

If a little more time had been given to this book, I know it would have been amazing. ( )
  Tarklovishki | Oct 31, 2014 |
3.5 stars. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |

"Seventeen-year-old Fia and her sister, Annie, are trapped in a school that uses young female psychics and mind readers as tools for corporate espionage--and if Fia doesn't play by the rules of their deadly game, Annie will be killed"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,256,490 books! | Top bar: Always visible