The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima

The Crimson Crown (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Cinda Williams Chima

Member:foggidawn
Title:The Crimson Crown
Authors:Cinda Williams Chima
Info:Hyperion (2012), Hardcover, 608 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:YA, fantasy, read november 2012, signed by author, stamped

The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima (2012)

A strong finish to a magical series! I remember reading the first book awhile back, and while it had a slow start, it definitely had promise. I'm glad I stuck through, because the books got better as I read on. All the loose ends were tied up.

Some favorite things to note:
Han/Alger (Crow)'s banter and their relationship development - Alger definitely started to care for Han over time and when Han revealed they were related - priceless. Those two were perhaps one of my favorites to read.
Raisa/Han - Their love and passion for each other was the best. I felt like the two of them were constantly trying to outdo the other on being more badass. Han comes off as being more conniving and clever, and Raisa comes off as being just plain fearless, and they compliment each other perfectly.
Raisa - She's so badass, and tries to hard to be the perfect leader. She isn't stuck up, and she wants to do what's best for her and for her people. She grew up through the books, and one line in particular stood out to me.

We are imprisoned by history, and so we repeat the mistakes of the past. If I make mistakes, they are going to be all my own.
She certainly owns up to her faults and her mistakes, and that's what I love about her.

There's many more things to note - Gryphon and Mordra's secret relationship, the voting for the new High Wizard, Nightwalker being the bad guy no one suspected (not even me!), and much more - Nothing was lost on this book, and all the secrets were revealed just made this a great book. A shame it had to end, though. But I can't wait for the spin-off, Flamecaster!

5/5 stars. ( )
  raisinetta | Sep 25, 2017 |
This was a good conclusion to the Seven realms series. I struggled to get into it at first because I was focusing a lot on the writing style. It is clearly a young adult novel and I had forgotten that just how much so, since it's been a while since I've read the previous books. But once the plot picked up I got sucked into the story. I read most of this in one sitting because I was interested in seeing how everything would resolve itself. I will probably look into Chima's other series at some point in the future. ( )
  Kassilem | May 27, 2017 |
This is classified as ya, and while I concur, it does seem to push the envelope a little.

I was hoping for an ending to the series, but it is obvious at the end that the story could go multi-national, as opposed to the internal we'd been having.

Lots of young love and doubt with some flashy magic'y stuff. If there is another book, I highly doubt I'll be interested enough to read it. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Great last book to series. All problems brought up in earlier books are resolved satisfactorily and imaginatively. I look forward to more from Cinda Williams Chima. ( )
  Lylee | Apr 3, 2016 |
Great ending of a series.. A lot of action and suprises! ( )
  dom76 | Jan 8, 2016 |
For my grandfather E.C. Bryan
It was the largest gathering of the Spirit clans Raisa had ever seen.

"In the fourth and final novel in the Seven Realms series, Queen Raisa 'ana Marianna and Han Alister join forces to right a thousand-year-old wrong"--

Cinda Williams Chima is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,488,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible