Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Just One Day (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Gayle Forman

Member:ewyatt
Title:Just One Day
Authors:Gayle Forman
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 320 pages
Tags:LibraryThing Early Reviewers, romance, travel, college, identity

Just One Day by Gayle Forman (2013)

Recently added byRena37, hannahomeara, sk3113y, fjii86, shelled11, maeflower, private library, xelaflores, sianbt

English (95)  Piratical (1)  Swedish (1)  All (97)
This is the kind of book where words are not adequate to express how much I loved it. Just One Day was so not the story I had expected it to be. It was so much better. I very rarely buy physical copies of books these days, but I've already purchased this.

Just read it. I promise that if you are past your early twenties that you will see yourself amongst the pages and that you will love it too. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
i started it and i liked it but then it got boring and i couldn't finish it.
  Banoczi_Henrietta | Jun 19, 2017 |
Just One Day is about how love and a single day can really change your entire life. How accidents can lead to life changing events and some times when these accidents occur we should look to see where it's pointing us. The story starts with Allyson traveling with her best friend, Melanie, on a Youth Tour in Europe, just before starting college. Allyson is not the adventurous type nor is she not one to take risks, in fact she's more of a follower and pretty uptight. However, one lie led her to a Shakespearean play that led her to a boy and when that one boy ends up on the same train, she takes a risk and go to Paris with him. A trip that changes everything and sends her on a year long desire to reconnect with this one mysterious boy and to figure out what happened in Paris. A year long trip that turns into a self-discovery journey helping her to redefine who she is and what she wants from her future.

I loved If I Stay and thought I'd check out the other books by Gayle Forman. I really enjoyed Just One Day. I thought that Allyson (Lulu) was a great character and was well developed. I really enjoyed her transformation and the storyline. I especially like how Williem remains a mystery throughout the entire story but we get glimpses that makes us hopeful he isn't the douche bag that he seems to portray. It was a good story about first love and self-discovery. Also, that ending! GAH! I needed more, what happened? ( )
  jthao_02 | May 18, 2017 |
This was both charming and meaningful - something you don't often see in the same book. I know alot of folks loved If I Stay but I preferred Just One Day. In a word: delightful.
  chronic | Mar 23, 2017 |
A fun young adult book, but not great literature. The main character was well developed and likable girl named Allison. My favorite character was her college friend Dee. The plot was interesting and it really drew me in. I wanted to know what would happen next. I must say, however, that I HATED the ending, but since that would be a spoiler I won't say more about that. The one thing I found unconvincing was Allison's mother. ( )
  KamGeb | Feb 5, 2017 |
For Tamar: sister, travel companion, friend --who, incidentally, went and married her Dutchman
What if Shakespeare had it wrong?

"Sparks fly when American good girl Allyson encounters laid-back Dutch actor Willem, so she follows him on a whirlwind trip to Paris, upending her life in just one day and prompting a year of self-discovery and the search for true love."--

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Gayle Forman's book Just One Day was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,173,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible