Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Just One Day (original 2013; edition 2013)

by Gayle Forman

8198411,095 (4.07)16
Member:Ziaria
Title:Just One Day
Authors:Gayle Forman
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2013), Hardcover, 320 pages

Just One Day by Gayle Forman (2013)

English (85)  Piratical (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (87)
Loved the spontaneous nature of travel bits, loved Dee and Professor Glenny and the boat ride companions, loved *siiiigh, Paris*. Annoyed by the fact that some dude/trying to find him is the reason everything cool in her life happens, that she's so desperate to find him. The writing just so-so for me, but it definitely made me want to travel solo. ( )
  eevoss | Apr 21, 2016 |
I just couldn't get into this book. I found the storyline dragged and I never connected with the narrator, Allyson. After she is dumped she spends far too much time feeling sorry for herself when she made the decision to go to Paris with a total stranger. And when she and Willem are in Paris they don't do anything!! You would think if you only had one day in the world's most romantic city you would be trying to see as much as you possibly could. I think this will be the last book I read by this author, because even though she has good ideas, her books always fail to engage me. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
What if Shakespeare had it wrong?

"Sparks fly when American good girl Allyson encounters laid-back Dutch actor Willem, so she follows him on a whirlwind trip to Paris, upending her life in just one day and prompting a year of self-discovery and the search for true love."--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible