Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened

by Jenny Lawson

English (283)  Piratical (1)  All languages (284)
This book is hilarious. Laugh out loud funny. I was reading this at work, and several times I had to stop so I could regain my composure. I had previously read her second book, Furiously Happy, and I think this one was even funnier. I loved the stories of her childhood and her father. I could definitely read more of those stories. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
It had its annoying parts (fights with husband) but it was more interesting and funnier than other memoirs by older and more more accomplished people I've read. Someone asked me what the Bloggess wrote about the other day and I said, um - Taxidermy and depression (though it's more anxiety coupled with an active imagination). She's got a potty mouth and gets into some gruesome details, which don't bother me none. ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |
Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir
Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 17

I Picked Up This Book Because: I really enjoyed her second book so had to backtrack to the first.

The Characters:

Murhder:
Sarah Watkins:
John Matthew:
Xhex:
Tor, Beth, Nate

The Story:

I often refer to Ms Lawson’s books as the rantings of a mad woman because in truth they mostly are. But they are also windows into her soul that she chooses to share with the world and I am so thankful that she has. Her husband was featured a lot in this book and their relationship is precious and special. Ms Lawson shares stories in a way that makes you laugh but also think and feel. I hope we get a new edition in the not too distant future.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | May 17, 2019 |
There needs to be more stars to rate this properly because 5 isn't enough. Funny and ridiculous and sweet and full of heart...did I say ridiculous? ( )
  Bricker | Apr 10, 2019 |
I read her second book first, last summer and both made me laugh out loud many, many times. I’m sure if you’ve read the Bloggess some of these stories might be repeats but this one is mostly from the time when my kids were babies and I didn’t have time for anything that wasn’t keeping babies alive so it was new to me. I was reading today while my kids were burning off energy at a bounce house place and I’m sure I was quite a sight, laughing until tears ran down my cheeks as I sat on a bench in a corner like a crazy person. Which I think is a perfect way to enjoy this book. Her stories and the way she tells them are unbelievably believable, she couldn’t possibly make these things up. 5/5 stars ( )
  justjoshinreads | Mar 22, 2019 |
I want to thank everyone who helped me create this book, except for that guy who yelled at me in Kmart when I was eight because he thought I was being "too rowdy." You're an asshole, sir.
This book is a love letter to my family. It's about the surprising discovery that the most terribly human moments—the ones we want to pretend never happened—are the very same moments that make us who we are today. I've reserved the very best stories of my life for this book... to celebrate the strange, and to give thanks for the bizarre. Because you are defined not by life's imperfect moments, but by your reaction to them. And because there is joy in embracing—rather than running screaming from—the utter absurdity of life. I thank my family for teaching me that lesson. In spades.
Introduction
This book is totally true, except for the parts that aren't.
Call me Ishmael.

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Jenny Lawson's book Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,277 books! | Top bar: Always visible