Let's Pretend This Never Happened by…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (edition 2013)

by Jenny Lawson

2,0122063,335 (4.05)104
Member:Jenners26
Title:Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Authors:Jenny Lawson
Info:Berkley Trade (2013), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

English (208)  Piratical (1)  All languages (209)
Super funny, super strange, I wish Jenny Lawson was my friend. But not her Dad. ( )
  cynrtst | May 13, 2016 |
Jenny Lawson saved my life!

Okay.. so she didn't technically save my life, as in stop by and catch the hair dryer just before it fell into the tub or anything like that (though, what a story that would be!), but her book saved me from a full-blown panic attack on a long flight. But whatever...

This book is AMAZING! Funny, insightful, touching, and down right disturbing. I heart the Bloggess, and you should too! Read this book now... right now... ( )
  BethanyMoore | May 13, 2016 |
Certain moments in this memoir cracked me up so much that I literally cried — but overall, I think Lawson's style feels like it's trying too hard. My favorite chapters were the ones dealing in detail with her mental illness, so I'm looking forward to reading her most recent book. ( )
  nikkinmichaels | Apr 21, 2016 |
How can a book be so hilariously funny but also so sad? How can an author turn her severe anxiety into the funniest thing you've ever read? Because ALL CAPS, you guys!

Look, go read some of her blog at thebloggess.com. If you like her blog you will LOVE her book. Just be warned, there have been some unhappy things in her life too. ( )
  tigerb | Apr 7, 2016 |
READ THIS! If you don't mind foul language and disturbing situations then I demand that you read this book. Absolutely hilarious, I can't even give it a proper review because it would be a giant spoiler. Just read it :) ( )
  mashiaraqcs | Mar 29, 2016 |
I want to thank everyone who helped me create this book, except for that guy who yelled at me in Kmart when I was eight because he thought I was being "too rowdy." You're an asshole, sir.
This book is a love letter to my family. It's about the surprising discovery that the most terribly human moments - the ones we want to pretend never happened - are the very same moments that make us who we are today. I've reserved the very best stories of my life for this book... to celebrate the strange, and to give thanks for the bizarre. Because you are defined not by life's imperfect moments, but by your reaction to them. And because there is joy in embracing - rather than running screaming from - the utter absurdity of life. I thank my family for teaching me that lesson. In spades.
Introduction
This book is totally true, except for the parts that aren't.
Call me Ishmael.

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,836,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible