Let's Pretend This Never Happened by…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (edition 2013)

by Jenny Lawson

Title:Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Authors:Jenny Lawson
Info:Berkley Trade (2013), Paperback, 384 pages

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Absurd, messed-up and hilarious. One of my favorite bloggers, but definitely not for everyone. Laugh out loud funny for those with a twisted sense of humor and an appreciation for the vulgar and tasteless. If you see that as an insult rather than a badge of honor, it's not for you. ( )
  angiestahl | Nov 26, 2015 |
This book is kind of like reading a woman's hilarious blog. In fact, that's exactly what it is . Jenny Lawson is the Bloggess, and this is her memoir. She claims it is "mostly true" so her family can deny what they want and no one's reputation will be damaged. The stories are hilarious, and at least one sentence in each will you have you laughing out loud, whether it's how her dinner party conversations focus on getting stabbed in the face by serial killers or how she came to love costumed dead animals, despite her father scarring her by being a taxidermist. My favorite sections have to be: the exchange with her husband about GPS while she was driving around lost in her own town, and sharing bits of her crazy experiences working in an office's HR department. Lawson's sense of humor centers around being incredibly ridiculous and potentially offensive - right up my alley! ( )
  howifeelaboutbooks | Nov 4, 2015 |
This book suffers from blog-to-book illness. Jenny Lawson actually is funny, but I prefer her blog (The Bloggess) or tweets.
Events in this book are mostly from her childhood and the early years of marriage. Some were hilarious. In any case you are warned right from the start, so don't expect everything to be funny.
Her brand of humour is best in tweets and short blog posts. ( )
1 vote Irena. | Nov 3, 2015 |
Hilarious! I enjoyed every single page. ( )
  JenLamoureux | Oct 29, 2015 |
Not my style. ( )
  Jodeneg | Oct 23, 2015 |
I want to thank everyone who helped me create this book, except for that guy who yelled at me in Kmart when I was eight because he thought I was being "too rowdy." You're an asshole, sir.
This book is a love letter to my family. It's about the surprising discovery that the most terribly human moments - the ones we want to pretend never happened - are the very same moments that make us who we are today. I've reserved the very best stories of my life for this book... to celebrate the strange, and to give thanks for the bizarre. Because you are defined not by life's imperfect moments, but by your reaction to them. And because there is joy in embracing - rather than running screaming from - the utter absurdity of life. I thank my family for teaching me that lesson. In spades.
This book is totally true, except for the parts that aren't.
Call me Ishmael.

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,955,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible