Let's Pretend This Never Happened by…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (edition 2013)

by Jenny Lawson

Member:Jenners26
Title:Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Authors:Jenny Lawson
Info:Berkley Trade (2013), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Recently added byaeromaxtran, private library, belladonnas, AlexVanHeusden, ItsALizFish, strongasanoak, ahrupe

It took me fifty pages or so to begin to appreciate Lawson's writing style. Once she'd hooked me though, it was hilarious. My favorite story was when she over dosed on laxatives and a "rapist" showed up at the bathroom door, which doesn't sound so funny as I write it here, so you'll just have to trust me and read it for yourself.

There are plenty of expletives in the book so if that bugs you, please read something else. Fans of Jenny McCarthy should really love this.

Lawson has a fascinating and totally unique way of viewing the world. Her writing allows us to peer through her eyes, if only for a little while. I loved it. ( )
  HeidiWiechert | Sep 10, 2014 |
In the part of the book where Jenny works in HR, I laughed so hard that I was crying. I know that's happened to me before but it hasn't happened often and I can't even think of a specific example. My cat was staring at me while this was happening and then came over and licked my face. I thought that the cat was being empathic because of my tears but realized that she probably just wanted some salt. ( )
  kwbridge | Sep 6, 2014 |
Fun, and good for the long trip I listened to it on, but not especially engrossing. ( )
  raselyem7 | Aug 30, 2014 |
This book suffers from blog-to-book illness. Jenny Lawson actually is funny, but I prefer her blog (The Bloggess) or tweets.
Events in this book are mostly from her childhood and the early years of marriage. Some were hilarious. In any case you are warned right from the start, so don't expect everything to be funny.
Her brand of humour is best in tweets and short blog posts. ( )
1 vote Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
For the most part, seriously laugh out loud funny - actually, it made me snort uncontrollably and cry with laughter.

Totally recommended if you need a bit of a pick me up. ( )
  Erin.Patel | Aug 22, 2014 |

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,706,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible