Let's Pretend This Never Happened by…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (edition 2013)

by Jenny Lawson

Member:sparemethecensor
Title:Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Authors:Jenny Lawson
Info:Berkley Trade (2013), Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:autobiographical, Texas, comedy, marriage, motherhood, blog

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

I read a few pages in this book. The first thing that you notice is that the author has a relaxed, open, frank and close narrative style. But the problem is tat she seems too arbitrarily talking about things to hold my interest for long. I've got lots of work to do and the random doodling about about random things makes me lose interest. ( )
  MugenHere | Jul 12, 2015 |
I have never laughed so hard while reading a book.
I have never read a memoir before.

I think that's enough reason for anyone to read this book. ( )
  novewong | Jul 8, 2015 |
I picked this book up on a whim - I thought the cover was silly, and the summary sounded good. Oh. My. God. This was a HYSTERICAL book! I knew absolutely nothing about the author or her blog, and let me tell you - I have been missing out. This memoir is now one of my all-time favorites.There were so many crazy, hysterical, LAUGH OUT LOUD moments for me. Now, for full disclosure, I will admit that there were a handful of times where I felt like Jenny was trying a bit too hard to be funny (or perhaps, was slightly showy about how funny she is...) - but I am more than willing to overlook those moments for all the times she made me genuinely enjoy reading her book. I would highly recommend this memoir for a good laugh (just don't say I didn't warn you if you decide to drink while reading it). I will certainly pick it up again. ( )
  skrouhan | May 28, 2015 |
This book was fantastic! I laughed out loud throughout this book. This girl is so dysfunctional and funny at the same time...I could seriously just start re-reading the book today. ( )
  Verkruissen | Mar 25, 2015 |
Hysterical! Jenny Lawson is weird in the best kind of way. After reading this book, I'm inspired to find some poorly taxidermied animals to spruce up my home decor. ( )
  shella.rittenberry | Mar 22, 2015 |
This book is totally true, except for the parts that aren't. - Introduction
Call me Ishmael.

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,420,634 books! | Top bar: Always visible