Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) (edition 2012)

by Jenny Lawson

Member:FireandIce
Title:Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir)
Authors:Jenny Lawson
Info:Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2013, Kindle

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Really, a laugh out book. I've become a fan and have pre-ordered her next book and have begun reading her blog. ( )
  srtsrt | Aug 28, 2015 |
This may be the funniest book I have ever read. Just reading the titles of the chapters can start me laughing again. This is the “almost true” story of the author growing up in rural Texas. Her list of “Things Most People Have Never Experienced or Could Have Even Possibly Imagined, but That Totally Happened to Me” includes as #11, “Most people don’t have to devote an entire year of therapy to a single ten-minute episode from their childhood.” And no, it does not involve abuse, unless you consider exposure to Stanley, the Magical Squirrel, as abuse. I could go on, but you just have to read this book. ( )
  TheresaCIncinnati | Aug 17, 2015 |
Surprised I didn't pee my pants for laughing so hard. Chupacabra! ( )
  librariankate7578 | Aug 15, 2015 |
I would hate Jenny Lawson for being this funny, if I weren't too busy wanting to marry her. ( )
  Deborah_Markus | Aug 8, 2015 |
I read a few pages in this book. The first thing that you notice is that the author has a relaxed, open, frank and close narrative style. But the problem is tat she seems too arbitrarily talking about things to hold my interest for long. I've got lots of work to do and the random doodling about about random things makes me lose interest. ( )
  MugenHere | Jul 12, 2015 |
This book is totally true, except for the parts that aren't. - Introduction
Call me Ishmael.

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,050,561 books! | Top bar: Always visible