Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly…

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) (edition 2012)

by Jenny Lawson

Member:FireandIce
Title:Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir)
Authors:Jenny Lawson
Info:Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:***
Tags:2013, Kindle

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

Jenny is hilarious and makes you feel like you're her friend in the process. Definitely LOL. ( )
  ericasmithx | May 6, 2014 |
I don't normally like to review the actual writing, because I always feel like I should put my money with my mouth is and write something if I think i can do better. And I love the Blogess, so I was worried that her voice wouldn't come through in this format.

Jenny Lawson is definitely a better blogger than writer. At times it felt like she was trying too hard to keep her voice/quirkiness in the book. But with that being said, the book is laugh out loud funny, and her ability to convey the ridiculousness that is her life is amazing. At times, like when she talks about her problems getting pregnant, their are glimpses of the voice she uses when she talks about her battles with depression and her writing is at its best, but then she loses it some. I can't help but wonder how much impact the editor had (and the 'bantering' with the editor through out drove me crazy)

All and all, I think it's worth the read. It has sections that make you want to read it to someone, and what more can you ask for in a book? ( )
  lmm161 | Mar 30, 2014 |
If you’re the sort to be easily offended by profanity, you will want to set this one aside. For the rest of us, Jenny Lawson is going to teach us how to let it fly. She is so very funny in this book, I’m going to read it again ( )
  KatieMassey | Mar 26, 2014 |
People have been recommending this book to me for years so I'm glad I finally got around to it. Too damn funny. Jenny Lawson's outrageous wit and humor sparkle in every story. I listened to the audiobook version which was narrated by Jenny Lawson herself and damn was it funny. I found myself laughing out loud in my car, looking up weird taxidermy, and checking out her blog. She is truly one of a kind. Not many people can retell ridiculous, horrible, and scarring incidents from their life with such poise, grace and hilarity. She bares it all and manages to transform traumatizing stories into hilarious, stronger than ever triumphs.

Recommended for fans of humor and pretty much.... everyone. ( )
  ecataldi | Mar 22, 2014 |
Best at the beginning but thoroughly enjoyable overall.

As hilarious as this is, I think it's important that she speaks out about her generalized anxiety disorder.. it makes me hopeful - and she reaches a wide audience both with and without mental illnesses.

Do it. ( )
  steadfastreader | Mar 18, 2014 |

In an illustrated memoir, the creator of the Bloggess blog shares humorous stories from her life, including her awkward upbringing in Texas and her relationship with her husband.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,627,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible