Finding Somewhere by Joseph Monninger

Finding Somewhere

by Joseph Monninger

simple, quick read. definitely for horse lovers. i was irritated with the two girls, but other than that, it was fine. ( )
  tpllaureen | Jan 15, 2012 |
Finding Somewhere is a nice book to read if you're in the mood for a quick, heartfelt story. It involves two odd friends, stealing a dying horse and a cross country road trip - all laced with romance, sadness and changes.

Hattie and Delores are great friends, but they are a really odd pairing. But they have one big thing in common, they are crazy about horses. Crazy enough to steal a horse that it about to be put down in hopes of giving it time, if only a day, to live life as a horse was meant to. Their adventure takes them to some strange places and through some rough patches, leaving the reader with quite an inspirational tale.

I would say if you're a horse lover, give this book a shot. I enjoyed this novel, but I don't have a connection to horses, which I felt would really make the story come to life. However, even if you're like me (no connection to horses at all) I'm sure you could find some piece of the story to relate to. Actually, I was getting FREAKED OUT by how similar Hattie and Delores are to me and my friend at times, like their general randomness, love of Redsox and tendency to speak french at odd times.

It was a nice read for me, but like I said, I feel others would have a stronger connection to it. So if it sound's interesting, go for it. ( )
  ilikethesebooks | Nov 6, 2011 |

Two girls: Best friends Hattie and Delores feel that life in their small New Hampshire town is a dead end.
One horse: Old and about to be put down, Speed gets a reprieve when Hattie and Delores decide to save him.
A road trip: Determined to set Speed free, Hattie and Delores drive him west in search of rangeland. But the road takes some unexpected turns as the girls get their own taste of freedom—and as they confront the reasons they left home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:22 -0400)

Determined to set an old horse free, sixteen-year-old Hattie and eighteen-year-old Delores head west in search of rangeland on a road trip that takes unexpected turns as the girls get their own taste of freedom and confront the reasons they left home.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,852,172 books! | Top bar: Always visible