Femtio nyanser av frihet by E. L. James

Femtio nyanser av frihet (edition 2012)

by E. L. James, Milla Emrén

Collections:Your library, Read 2013, Lyssnat på
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, british, trilogi, erotik

Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James

English (173)  Spanish (4)  Dutch (2)  Italian (1)  French (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (182)
I started reading this and decided I just can't finish it. The writing is horrible, there is a possible good story line in the background that should have been brought to the front. This trilogy could have been one book. The series has become worse with each book. The first one was okay, the second one had WAY to many smirks in it that college students could have quite the drinking game reading it. And the last one... I'm tired of this series and I'm ready to get back to real writing. Sorry E.L. James, but you need to work harder on your writing. Having two people have sex all the time does not make for a good story. Plus the sex wasn't even that good. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
The entire trilogy of Fifty Shades is spectacular! E.L. James' writing makes the story seem so real and vivid. I have read a number of romance novels, but this is the first to truly pull me in in such a way that the feelings of the characters seemed to become my own. I have read the books 4 times since I started them less than a month ago and it is worth every moment.

Thank you, E.L. James, for giving the world something other than damsels in distress and PG rated love scenes... ( )
  Nadre.Wiggill | Jul 8, 2016 |
Great ending, can't wait to read the series from Christian's point of view. Hopefully the author goes ahead with this. I love that Christian finally gets the Ana really does love him and that his past doesn't have to direct his future. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
The book does end up "Making up with me", but the very beginning was a rough time! It's a big pet peeve of mine if you're reading a series, invested in the character and what happens, and when a book comes out, suddenly a HUGE thing has happened, so you weren't there for all the details you were looking forward to! Reading after the fact with mere flashbacks is so not the same thing :(

As before sex is a little too dominant in the story, to where it loses some of its appeal. Again a lot of the dialogue is too melodramatic and out of place. However, James does try to inject more plot points this time around. We have the drama of the boss, resolution of other key players, some new "dangers", and then the surprising twist near the end that threatens to blow everything up.

I would have enjoyed this one more as I do think the author was trying to add more struggles that made sense, but Ana greatly started annoying me again. I had made peace with her the second time, but here she's just plain dense.

She irritated me immensely not understanding his anger and making a huge production of her emotions during the bar scene. I'm not providing spoilers here, but if you've read the book then you know what I mean. There's a crazy guy on the loose after her, so she tells Christian on the phone (who is out of town) when he's worried that she promises she WONT go to the bar, but instead will hang out with her friend at home, safe. She then does the oposite after changing her mind, never calling to let him know, leaving everyone worried sick, and parties for hours.

When he gets enraged, it's not a control issue people. She thinks it was but how dense she is is what I don't understand. It is a RESPECT issue. It was dishonorable to go back on your word to someone who was worried about you, lie and just think about yourself, then get offended if they get upset. It's not about control with this, but about honesty and honor. I was also irritated at the...err, unexpected announcement toward the end. Sure, it does happen, but shouldn't because she's too flighty to remember something so important.

For some reason her actions and silly thoughts kept getting on my nerves. The second half of the book improves, I love the family and friend life and enjoyed when she started going back to work and other stuff started happening. The ending was a very happy ending. I think the author resolved things pretty nicely.

These books are addicting, despite flaws, and I couldn't put it down. Read it in one sitting and skipped sleep. There's something about the story that keeps you reading.
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
This was not nearly as interesting as the first two. I guess I got over the sex every other page thing lol. I wish it would have focused a little more on the whole crazy stalker aspect. It did get better as it moved a long, but it was slow moving. A nice tidy little end to the series. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Para mi Mama con todo mi amor y gratitud
And for my beloved Father,
Daddy I miss you every day
Mommy! Mommy! Mommy is asleep on the floor.
For all our firsts on your first birthday as my beloved life.
I love you
C x
*WOULD YOU LIKE MRS. LINCOLN TO JOIN US
WHEN WE EVENTUALLY DISCUSS THIS TEXT SHE
SENT YOU? IT WILL SAVE YOU RUNNING TO
HER AFTERWARD, YOU WIFE*

When unworldly student Anastasia Stelle first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately repelled by Christian's singular erotic tastes, Ana demand a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all - love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. but Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate conspire to make Ana's deepest fears turn to reality.

When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian's singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed. Now, together, they have more--love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades Trilogy #3) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,506,321 books! | Top bar: Always visible