Fifty Shades Freed: Book Three of the Fifty…

Fifty Shades Freed: Book Three of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (edition 2012)

by E L James

2,8201402,062 (3.37)1 / 70
Member:lease4985
Title:Fifty Shades Freed: Book Three of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Authors:E L James
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 592 pages
Rating:*

Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James

English (135)  Spanish (4)  Italian (1)  Catalan (1)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (143)
A disappointment, I skimmed the last half of the book. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
This review is for the entire series. So let me start by saying that I really did want to like this series, my best friend talked me into reading it, and it wasn't awful, but I didn't think it was as great as apparently every other person on the planet does. The first book was the best for me by far. In books 2 and 3, I could not stand Ana. Yes Christian is controlling, yes he has all kinds of issues, but I saw him making an effort for Ana, and all I got from her was whining and nagging and immaturity and insecurity; so that by the time I got a quarter of the way through book 3, all I really wanted to do was strangle her and throw my kindle on to the ground and smash it into little pieces. Everything was about her and what she wanted and what he wasn't doing or giving her. Nothing about how hard he was trying and that he was talking to her and telling her things about his past and always having to push him when she shouldn't. And I don't understand why she couldn't let go of the dumbest little issues, but major issues like bathing Leila or not informing her of the increased security wiht his family and why were forgotten. She was just completely obnoxious, and I wonder why Christian stayed with her. Again, I know he had issues and was very controlling, but he had a very traumatic childhood including his relationship with Mrs. Robinson. Other than being young what is Ana's excuse?! At one point she mentioned always being rejected and something about her childhood, but she was taken care of by her step father even when he mother couldn't or wouldn't, and I didn't hear much about problems in her childhood other than trouble with her mom's third husband, but she lived with her step father then, so I don't understand her issue?! I am glad they got their HEA though, and I loved the extras that were from Christian's POV. I'd give books 2 & 3 2.5 stars and the first book 3 stars. ( )
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
  DreZ | Jan 15, 2015 |
Enjoyed the ending. All stories came together. The sexcapades became a bit much but again great storyline. Would make a good discussion on a women's self worth and compromising to the point of losing yourself. ( )
  GospelChick | Dec 30, 2014 |
I did it! I made it through all three books. I have to say that I might actually have started to like Christian as a character. He's not quite as 2D as before. And I'm happy she didn't feel the need to write in every single intimate encounter that they had. She isn't really good at varying up her descriptions so I skipped past most of them to get to the actual story.
The question is, if there was a 4th book, would I read it. I think so to be honest. But I think they've tied up most of the lose ends so I can't see where she'd go with it. Life with the Empty Nester Grey's? Doesn't quite have the same appeal I think. ( )
  plaeski | Dec 16, 2014 |
Para mi Mama con todo mi amor y gratitud
And for my beloved Father,
Daddy I miss you every day
Mommy! Mommy! Mommy is asleep on the floor.
For all our firsts on your first birthday as my beloved life.
I love you
C x
*WOULD YOU LIKE MRS. LINCOLN TO JOIN US
WHEN WE EVENTUALLY DISCUSS THIS TEXT SHE
SENT YOU? IT WILL SAVE YOU RUNNING TO
HER AFTERWARD, YOU WIFE*

When unworldly student Anastasia Stelle first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately repelled by Christian's singular erotic tastes, Ana demand a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.

Now, Ana and Christian have it all - love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. but Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.

Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice and fate conspire to make Ana's deepest fears turn to reality.

When unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian's singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed. Now, together, they have more--love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades Trilogy #3) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,799,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible