Fated (Soul Seekers (Quality)) by Alyson…

Fated (Soul Seekers (Quality)) (edition 2012)

by Alyson Noël

46111922,528 (3.35)4
Member:kitkat1242
Title:Fated (Soul Seekers (Quality))
Authors:Alyson Noël
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2012), Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:***

Fated (Soul Seekers) by Alyson Noël

Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Blue Moon is book 2 in the Immortals series, Be sure to get the rest, Dark Flame, Night Star, Everlasting.
    Shadowland by Alyson Noël (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Shadowland is book 3 in the Immortals series.
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Evermore is book one of the Immortals series, all in that series are amazing, Alyson Noel is the author.
    Falling Under by Gwen Hayes (ebbith0115)

English (122)  Spanish (1)  English (123)
Unlike potato chips, I can and did easily stop with just one book of The Soul Seekers. I’m not saying it wasn’t a decent read. Many teens will and already do like The Soul Seekers series. Fated had an attention-grabbing opening that created immediate suspense and anticipation. The teen voice and characterization were authentic (maybe a little too much so because as an adult I found Daire Santos rather annoying). The exotic locations and unusual upbringing of Daire add flair to the story and create perfect backdrops for mystical and paranormal events. Sometimes the pace slowed as the writer took the time to explain things. Maybe these explanations were necessary for the first book in a series, but I craved more action and romance. Occasionally, Fated became corny and cliche’ as well. Other times the novel surprised me in unexpected, positive ways. Fated became more engrossing the further I read into it, but it stopped short of turning me on to the series. One book satisfied my curiosity enough, plus I never connected with the characters enough to feel invested in their fate. Nevertheless, die-hard fans of the young adult, paranormal genre may want to try The Soul Seekers series for themselves. ( )
  TheLoopyLibrarian | Oct 31, 2016 |
I couldn't get into this book. I'd love to say different because the summary and cover seemed cool but, I couldn't even finish it. ( )
  Hve6610 | Oct 2, 2016 |
I liked the beginning of the book I was interested in the plot and the magic system, but by the end I sort of lost interest.

Maybe it was my fault for taking so long to read this, but I never felt the need to jump right back into the story to see what happened.

I liked this book, I most likely won't read the rest of the series but this one wasn't bad by any means. ( )
  hawaiianmermaid701 | May 21, 2016 |
I was really hoping this book would draw me in. I loved her Immortals series, but this one just didn't have that kind of pull for me. I did love the idea behind this book though.

I liked how the characters had Hispanic and Native American origins. These cultures have many things to offer. Magick and spirit animals were extremely important in the building of this story. Your spirit animal guides you through your choices and life's journey. I have often wondered what animal I would be most like, but I still haven't figured that one out. I wasn't exactly sure how the magick fit in besides the fact that all seekers posses it. There wasn't much of an explanation in what Daire could do, just that she was extremely powerful. Noel does offer a few scenes with minor things Daire can do.

There wasn't much background on any of the characters except Daire, the MC. The base knowledge of Dace and Cade was given, but nothing more. I would have loved to know a bit more about Dace. He is the main focus in her dreams, and it would have been nice to see other parts of him.

Even though I felt there was a lot of buildup and not enough events, I will read the next book in the series (due out this fall). I'm intrigued with where the story will take us, and if her dream is a prophecy or just her fears. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
For the most part I liked it!!!
It got a bit weird for me when it started introducing spiritual content.
I'm straight up science and its hard for me to look past that stuff, I find it a bit cheesy. Aside from that I would have liked to continue the series but I have a feeling there will be allot more spiritual content in the continuation. ( )
  Christine_Smiljanic | Jan 18, 2016 |
The sheer sight of him causing my limbs to tremble, my body to sway toward his-much like it did in the dream. The two of us drawn to each other-bound by forces unseen. Location 1624 Kindle.
“I had an irresistible pull to come here, so I followed my instincts, and now I know why” Kindle location 3960( Dace said this to Daire)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Immortals, Alyson Noël, comes Fateda breathtaking new saga brimming with magic, mystery, and an intoxicating love story that will steal your heart away. Meet The Soul Seekers.

Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.

There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:24 -0400)

"Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter's sanity, Daire's mother sends her to live with the grandmother she's never met, but who recognizes the visions for what they truly are-the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker-one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead."--Publisher's website.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fated by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,720,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible