Fated (Soul Seekers (Quality)) by Alyson…

Fated (Soul Seekers (Quality)) (edition 2012)

by Alyson Noël

Member:kitkat1242
Title:Fated (Soul Seekers (Quality))
Authors:Alyson Noël
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2012), Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:***

Fated (Soul Seekers) by Alyson Noël

Blue Moon by Alyson Noël (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Blue Moon is book 2 in the Immortals series, Be sure to get the rest, Dark Flame, Night Star, Everlasting.
    Shadowland by Alyson Noël (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Shadowland is book 3 in the Immortals series.
    Evermore by Alyson Noël (ConciseReviews)
    ConciseReviews: Evermore is book one of the Immortals series, all in that series are amazing, Alyson Noel is the author.
    Falling Under by Gwen Hayes (ebbith0115)

English (117)  Spanish (1)  All languages (118)
Welcome to this book review !

Well... How do I start this, it's the second series that I read by Alyson Noël, I oved the whole idea of the book. It was orriginal and got you wanting more of this world. Though I prefered Even in the immortals series, Daire got me ! She was so genuien, real and so easy to relate to. It's an easy read and something that is fun but probably will never be a reread. I like it but it wasn't more that. It's in my opinion a good in-between book, book. And as usual I must say Alyson's writing style is still as marvelous as it was !!! definitely give it a shot ! Hoping you will like it.

-Bookarina :) ( )
  Karina-Valerie | Jul 15, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
** Originally posted at www.bunnycates.com/reading **My Thoughts: Lets dive into this sucker, shall we? The World: Fated takes place in a modern times setting and bounces from several foreign locations down to Enchantment, New Mexico, USA and “the other worlds”.  The “other worlds” consist of the Upper World, the Middle World (which is the world/plain in which we all reside), and the Lower World.    These plains are not really explained, at all, as they are told to the main character in a rush.  In my mind, of course I equated them with Heaven and Hell.  Except, apparently, there are portals to these other worlds that only some people/beings can see/find and that can be used to transport to and from our world.  *Just as a side note: Indian mythology is something that interests me.  This particular belief is based on several Indian legends, which didn’t dawn on me until I sat down to write this review *ding*  so I drug out some books and the googles and had a look.  9 hours later…because I do tend to get sidetracked!  According to the location – one would think the tribes referenced would be Pueblo or Apache.  But I have several books on Indian Mythology and Legends and none of them discuss this belief for those tribes.  I did find it in the Yuchi/Seminole/Cherokee which region is more along the Tennessee Valley, over here by me.  So…I dunno.  I know, I know – this is just me nit-picking I think.  I just found it interesting, since Indian mythology is not generally used in YA.  Or I should say, not that I have found.  I drug out a few of my books because I didn’t remember this particular myth and wondered if it was real or “made up”.  Not to nit-pick the author/research, just out of curiosity.  Anyway, anyway… The Characters: The main character is Daire. Please dont ask me how to say it, I have no idea.  I was calling her “Dare” as in Truth OR… haha! She is a 16 year old, traveling the world with her Mom, and begins having crazy “visions” of glowing people and ravens trying to kill her.  Or are they? Jennika, the mom.  She is a makeup artist who drags her daughter all over the world for various jobs in the movie industry.  When she starts to fear her daughter is cray-cray – she sends her off to live with her Gran. Paloma, the Gran. LOVE HER.  Paloma is somewhat of the local “healer” in her community.  She knows what’s causing the craycray and is determined to help Daire take control of her visions and her life. Dace – ok, at first I was rolling my eyes at his name. I mean, really? Come on. I took it as someone trying to cash in on the popularity of the Mortal Instruments series – since that young “hottie” is Jace.  This is the hot guy in the new town – the guy of Daire’s dreams. Literally. Cade – Once Cade was introduced, I got the names.  Cade and Dace.  Twins, complete opposites, etc.  (On the side: I have a cousin named Cade – who also happens to be a twin. Guess I’ll be keepin a close eye on him at our next reunion!)  Cade’s kind of the evil douchebag of our story.  The bad twin. Xotichl – School mate who becomes the trusted bestie.  She may be blind, but there’s more to her than what the eyes can see. *buh-duh-bump* The Plot: As the synopsis says, this book is about Daire and her journey.  She begins having scary visions, which lead her mother and several doctors to think she has gone crazy.  As a last ditch effort to save her from having to be institutionalized, her mother sends her to live with her paternal grandmother in a small town.  The town is named Enchantment, in New Mexico.   Once she is in New Mexico, she learns that her visions aren’t just visions, they are real.  Or – possibly her grandmother is crazy too.  Once she realizes her visions are real – the story progresses as she rushes to learn everything she can so she can reach her destiny.  Along the way, she gains a sweet bestie and a hot boyfriend.  Of course there is a hot boyfriend.  This is YA so there is going to be a hot boyfriend.  haha. This book has a lot going for it.  There are likeable characters, bad guys  and “good vs. evil” type showdowns, supernatural zombie type creatures, spirit animals, and other worlds.  In Conclusion: Even though, according to my reading updates,  I thought this book started out slow – I still enjoyed it.  It did take a little while to get me “hooked”, no kidding.  I am surprised I didn’t give up on it.  Eventually, it did manage to hook me though.  By the end, I wasn’t ready to stop reading and now I am looking forward to the next book in the series.  Fated (Soul Seekers) by Alyson Noël has everything I want in a light read.  Characters to care about, some drama, some suspense (if not horror), and the book itself is a “complete story” even though its book ONE in a series. Mom Notes: Some kissing.   Contains dark elements like: demons, spirits, etc
  BunnyCates | Jul 8, 2015 |
There were times when I wanted more and times when I wanted less but overall I found this quite interesting, Alyson Noel has done some research on shamanism and it showed. The characters were a little thin and I didn't see the build of the romance in the story but I'm curious to see how this is going to develop.

Daire Santos is having episodes, seeing things, lashing out, which lands her drugged up and under a threat of a psychiatric institution until her grandmother steps in and offers help, help that will enable her mother to continue with her job. Then Daire discovers that her grandmother may have a key to what's going on with her, it may just be natural and it needs training, but can she overcome her natural scepticism (which was only glimpsed not worked with much) and find a way out of her problems that doesn't have her drugged or institutionalised?

Interesting twist on the usual paranormal story, curious to know where it's going to go from here. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Dec 15, 2014 |
I read the soul seekers pack with three books in it. But, i didn't read this one I'm looking foward to doing so and i know it's going to be awesome.
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
The sheer sight of him causing my limbs to tremble, my body to sway toward his-much like it did in the dream. The two of us drawn to each other-bound by forces unseen. Location 1624 Kindle.
“I had an irresistible pull to come here, so I followed my instincts, and now I know why” Kindle location 3960( Dace said this to Daire)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Immortals, Alyson Noël, comes Fateda breathtaking new saga brimming with magic, mystery, and an intoxicating love story that will steal your heart away. Meet The Soul Seekers.

Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.

There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:24 -0400)

"Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter's sanity, Daire's mother sends her to live with the grandmother she's never met, but who recognizes the visions for what they truly are-the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker-one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead."--Publisher's website.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fated by Alyson Noël was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,097,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible