The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test) by Aimee…

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test) (edition 2012)

by Aimee Carter

Member:cloudynight
Title:The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test)
Authors:Aimee Carter

Plot: 2 stars
Characters: 3 stars
Style: 3 stars
Pace: 3 stars

Suffers from much the same problem as most interlude books. That is to say, they never result in anything changing or growing at all. You could read the rest of the books and not know this exists, and it wouldn't add or remove anything from the main books. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
The Goddess Hunt tells the story of Kate and James during her time away from the Underworld. It was supposed to be a fun-filled trip to Greece, right up to the point that Kate finds herself in the middle of a feud between immortals. And then the action begins...

This book was action-packed and we see a lot more of Kate's strength in it. I also fell just a little bit more in love with James, which is awkward since Kate isn't free to be with him, no matter how much I want that to happen! I am not all that into overly broody, seemingly unattainable romantic heroes, so it was nice to see a little bit more of human, empathetic side of Henry in this story. Kate's compassion is also the central focus in this book when she champions for Castor and Pollux. I love that the fact that she is now living among the most powerful beings does not deter from doing what she feels is right. She is fiercely independent, her own person.

Some Quotastic Goodness

--Six months. One hundred and eighty-four days. That was how long I had to stay away from Eden, where Henry, my brand-new husband, waited for me to return in September. Looking forward, it seemed like forever, and the idea of being away from him for so long made me ache (Loc.67).
--“You know that Kate called Walter a heartless bastard?"
"And an asshole. I am quite proud (Loc. 667).”
--I opened my mouth, but before I could say a word, Henry’s enraged cries filled my ears, and I fell to my knees as the world went black (Loc. 1095).

My Recommendation: If you love Greek mythology and enjoy retellings and reimaginings of traditional legends, then I highly recommend this book. The first book The Goddess Test, should be read before this installment.

*This review originally appeared on my blog, http://thecaffeinateddivareads.multifacetedmama.com/?p=8727. ( )
  Kiki870 | Apr 22, 2014 |
If you read The Goddess Test you will want to read The Goddess Hunt before launching into Goddess Interuppted. Fun story where Kate tries to undo one of Walter's (Zeus) more horrible punishments. ( )
  Bookaliciouspam | Sep 20, 2013 |
A strong short story set between books 1 and 2. Definitely for fans of the series but not necessary for understanding the other books. ( )
  LaneLiterati | Mar 3, 2013 |
A cute novella giving us a glimpse into how Kate spent her summer away from Henry and the Underworld and showing us another side to the goody-two-shoes Gods and Goddesses we saw in The Goddess Test. Kate still has a lot to learn, but I think she gets a good taste of what her life will be like as Queen as the Underworld in this story.

Although the shortness of this story minimised my exposure to Kate, I still found her a little annoying. This is a girl who has been thrust into the world of Greek mythology, and she’s somehow convinced herself that the Greek immortals must be ‘good’ even though they have proved time and time again in mythology – their history – that are anything but. She also expects them to display human compassion and empathy, which I consider a bit stupid because we are talking about being who have never been mortal, and over all the millennia they have existed, have been moved to help humans a handful of times. But nope, Kate wants them to act like humans, give people chances and generally be nice. Although she does represent a new perspective on the Council, but I still think she should really think about what she’s expecting from her colleagues. What annoyed me even more was Henry’s compliance with her simpering demands, but then, he’s a husband trying to keep his strange marriage together for all of eternity.

I loved the twins, finally some interesting characters appear from Greek myth! I love that they couldn’t keep their shirt on (but I found Kate’s ogling a bit annoying – she is married now!!). I think I enjoyed Castor a little bit more than Pollux, only because he seemed more stable than his twin. I’m now even more firm in my assertion that James is bad news – I really hate that he keeps hitting on a married woman! (Yes I am harping on about the marriage a lot, but for me marriage means something, and Kate shouldn’t be ogling other men, and James shouldn’t be hitting on her, because no matter how young Kate is, she agreed knowingly to marry Henry and now I believe she, and everyone else, needs to honour that).

You can read more of my reviews at Speculating on SpecFic. ( )
  alcarinqa | Jul 24, 2012 |

A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld ... until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades's wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,500,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible