The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test) by Aimee…

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test) (edition 2012)

by Aimee Carter

Title:The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test)
Authors:Aimee Carter
Info:Harlequin Teen (2012), Kindle Edition, 71 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned

The Goddess Hunt by Aimée Carter

**Warning: Spoilers ahead if you have not yet read The Goddess Test!**

This takes place immediately after the events in The Goddess Test (book 1). Kate and James are off to Greece to begin Kate's six month sabbatical from Henry. Them going together sort of bother's me a bit with James' known interest in her. And she JUST got married to Henry! Why couldn't it have been Ava that went with her or something?

Anyways my initial thoughts were Greece is a great choice place. it would give her the opportunity to learn a bit more about the legends of the gods that are now a part of her life. And sure enough she runs into to brothers that leave her question much of what she thinks about them. especially Henry (Hades) and Walter (Zeus).

One thing that I wish happened would be a bit of a recap as to who everyone is. Since the gods no longer go by their original Greek names it can throw me off a bit trying to remember who they all are again. Also the writing seemed a bit shallow and choppy. compared to the books. Like maybe it was quickly written and put out on a whim. Nothing severe or anything. I still enjoyed the book, but it did seem a bit off from the first book and what little I have started of book 2.

Yet overall I enjoyed this short interlude for the series. Gives us a bit of insight into Kate's personality a bit more and also shows us some errors in the way of the gods that Kate will likely be facing more of as the series progresses. also we get a bit of Henry's perspective in this! I really liked that change and hope to see more in future books here! ( )
  jljaina | Oct 7, 2015 |
Plot: 2 stars
Characters: 3 stars
Style: 3 stars
Pace: 3 stars

Suffers from much the same problem as most interlude books. That is to say, they never result in anything changing or growing at all. You could read the rest of the books and not know this exists, and it wouldn't add or remove anything from the main books. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
The Goddess Hunt tells the story of Kate and James during her time away from the Underworld. It was supposed to be a fun-filled trip to Greece, right up to the point that Kate finds herself in the middle of a feud between immortals. And then the action begins...

This book was action-packed and we see a lot more of Kate's strength in it. I also fell just a little bit more in love with James, which is awkward since Kate isn't free to be with him, no matter how much I want that to happen! I am not all that into overly broody, seemingly unattainable romantic heroes, so it was nice to see a little bit more of human, empathetic side of Henry in this story. Kate's compassion is also the central focus in this book when she champions for Castor and Pollux. I love that the fact that she is now living among the most powerful beings does not deter from doing what she feels is right. She is fiercely independent, her own person.

Some Quotastic Goodness

--Six months. One hundred and eighty-four days. That was how long I had to stay away from Eden, where Henry, my brand-new husband, waited for me to return in September. Looking forward, it seemed like forever, and the idea of being away from him for so long made me ache (Loc.67).
--“You know that Kate called Walter a heartless bastard?"
"And an asshole. I am quite proud (Loc. 667).”
--I opened my mouth, but before I could say a word, Henry’s enraged cries filled my ears, and I fell to my knees as the world went black (Loc. 1095).

My Recommendation: If you love Greek mythology and enjoy retellings and reimaginings of traditional legends, then I highly recommend this book. The first book The Goddess Test, should be read before this installment.

*This review originally appeared on my blog, http://thecaffeinateddivareads.multifacetedmama.com/?p=8727. ( )
  Kiki870 | Apr 22, 2014 |
If you read The Goddess Test you will want to read The Goddess Hunt before launching into Goddess Interuppted. Fun story where Kate tries to undo one of Walter's (Zeus) more horrible punishments. ( )
  Bookaliciouspam | Sep 20, 2013 |
A strong short story set between books 1 and 2. Definitely for fans of the series but not necessary for understanding the other books. ( )
  LaneLiterati | Mar 3, 2013 |

A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld ... until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades's wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,278 books! | Top bar: Always visible