Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz

Odd Apocalypse

by Dean Koontz

Recently added byLitaVore, Rena37, jagualar, private library, finallycj

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission. Title: Odd Apocalypse Series: Odd Thomas Author: Dean Koontz Rating: of 5 Battle Axes Genre: Urban Fantasy Pages: 370 Format: Kindle Synopsis: Odd and Annamaria are just hanging out at a billionaire's mysterious house where things are weird. Odd meets a ghost who wants him to help her son, sees some sort of human/swine hybrid creatures wandering the grounds and sees the sky turn yellow instead of blue. Annamaria simply sits in her room and tells Odd to believe in himself. My Thoughts: As much as I don't care for Annamaria, she really helps anchor Odd. She gives him a purpose that he can hold onto and a center that he can return to when things are simply beyond his understanding. I still don't like her though. While this is touted as book 5, it really is book 6, as Koontz interjected that serial novel Odd Interlude, into the stream of things part way through. Things get really weird in this book. It seems like reality itself is shifting at random, but only on the estate. Koontz wrote these sequences in such a way that I felt just as confused and disoriented as Odd when these shifts happen. And bad things happen during these shifts as well, so the tension was ratcheted up pretty good. The whole Tesla and time and copper thing was a means to an end for the story but it didn't do much for me. I'm not one of those who think that Tesla was some sort of super-genius who got bypassed in history because of politics and business maneuverings. The ending was a bit more violent than I was expecting, but that isn't really a bad thing. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
This series started out odd and just got odder. I really liked the others in the series but this one just didn't do it for me. Three stars because I liked it for what it was and who wrote it. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Typical Koontz and Odd Thomas fare. Nothing spectacular. Too many "clever" asides by Odd (one of the reasons I could never finish the Frankenstein series was the awful light-hearted chatter between the two heros). Caricaturish bad guys. I am not sure why I keep reading his books, except I get hooked and want to find out how the hero of the plot gets out of trouble. That plus the fact I love Koontz's gift for assembling words into word pictures. ( )
  kewaynco | Apr 10, 2016 |
David Aaron Baker
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This book was a little hard to follow--don't know why, it just didn't gel in my mind. The writing was good and colorful and Odd Thomas is a fine character with fun experiences. The weirdos just did not connect. I think that the book might be part Steven King and part time traveler. Oh well, maybe next time, Odd Thomas. ( )
  buffalogr | Mar 10, 2016 |
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were---I have not seen
As others saw.

-----------EDGAR ALLAN POE, "Alone"
To Jeff Zaleski,
with gratitude for
his insight and integrity.
Near sunset of my second full day as a guest in Roseland, crossing the immense lawn between the main house and the eucalyptus grove, I halted and pivoted, warned by instinct.

Once presided over by a flamboyant Hollywood mogul during the Roaring '20s, the magnificent West Coast property known as Roseland is now home to a reclusive billionaire financier and his fathful servants. And, for the moment, it's also a port in the storm for Odd Thomas and his traveling companion, the inscrutably charming Annamaria. In the wake of Odd's most recent clash with lethal adversaries, the opulent manor's comforts should be welcome. But there's far more to Roseland than meets even the extraordinary eye of Odd, who soon suspects it may be more hell than haven. -From the dustjacket-

Odd Thomas confronts deadly adversaries in a decaying estate.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,879,378 books! | Top bar: Always visible