Odd Apocalypse: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean…

Odd Apocalypse: An Odd Thomas Novel (edition 2012)

by Dean Koontz

Member:Barb_H
Title:Odd Apocalypse: An Odd Thomas Novel
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Random House Large Print (2012), Edition: Lrg, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Read, Ebook, Read but unowned
Tags:Ebook, Fiction, Borrowed, Overdrive, Ipad, Read in 2013, Series: Odd Thomas, Science Fiction, Supernatural, Time Travel, Suspense, Thriller, Ghosts, Horror

Odd Apocalypse by Dean Koontz

Wonderful book. Had me on the edge of my seat and laughing at the same time. :) ( )
  Lovingsoul777 | May 11, 2018 |

Oddie is truly one of my all-time fave characters. Enjoyed the Lost-like allusion to time/space hiccup very much. Spent first 15 chaps feeling as though I was in Dean Koontz's head, as opposed to the protagonist's POV. Then again, what writer wouldn't want to spend time in Koontz's "hideaway?" Recommended for any Odd Thomas fan. ( )
  GinaFava | Apr 11, 2018 |
I was looking forward to another book in the Odd series, and I wasn't disappointed. This book captures all the wonder of the Mystery Train and the lovable, unflappable Odd Thomas himself, a stalwart character of self-sacrificing "rightness" in the face of some pretty nasty protagonists. He's just a fry cook with enough magnetism to draw the strangest of stories that make me want more.

Note: This ain't a book for kids. There's a dark side of humanity shown here that their tender minds should be exposed to until they're jaded adults. ( )
  Darrell.Newton | Dec 27, 2017 |
This installment of Odd Thomas was really difficult to finish for me. The story was so dark that Odd's characteristic sense of humor always felt preachy or cynical. The character just seemed hopeless and so there was absolutely no character development. I didn't like ANY of the supporting characters so there wasn't even relief there. The merits lie solely in how Koontz crafts the story. It was a good mystery and very suspenseful, just not what I was hoping to get with an Odd Thomas novel. There were too many good elements missing. ( )
  carru | Sep 28, 2017 |
I really love Odd Thomas, but many of the other characters weren't fully developed, some of the biggest questions were never answered, and the plot seemed a bit over-the-top and unbelievable, even for the world that it's based in. Coupled with the author's long-winded writing, it's hard to follow this story easily. It took a bit too much effort and became frustrating quite a bit. If I didn't love the series, I wouldn't have finished this book. ( )
  SarahStroud | May 22, 2017 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baker, David AaronNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kleinschmidt, BernhardTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were---I have not seen
As others saw.

-----------EDGAR ALLAN POE, "Alone"
To Jeff Zaleski,
with gratitude for
his insight and integrity.
Near sunset of my second full day as a guest in Roseland, crossing the immense lawn between the main house and the eucalyptus grove, I halted and pivoted, warned by instinct.

Once presided over by a flamboyant Hollywood mogul during the Roaring '20s, the magnificent West Coast property known as Roseland is now home to a reclusive billionaire financier and his fathful servants. And, for the moment, it's also a port in the storm for Odd Thomas and his traveling companion, the inscrutably charming Annamaria. In the wake of Odd's most recent clash with lethal adversaries, the opulent manor's comforts should be welcome. But there's far more to Roseland than meets even the extraordinary eye of Odd, who soon suspects it may be more hell than haven. -From the dustjacket-

Odd Thomas confronts deadly adversaries in a decaying Hollywood estate.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,526,562 books! | Top bar: Always visible