Reminiscences of H. P. Blavatsky and the…

Reminiscences of H. P. Blavatsky and the Secret Doctrine (original 1976; edition 1989)

by Constance Wachtmeister et al

12None768,668 (5)1
Member:dragonasbreath
Title:Reminiscences of H. P. Blavatsky and the Secret Doctrine
Authors:Constance Wachtmeister et al (Author)
Info:Quest (1989),
Collections:Your library, Craft, Crafting, New Age, Religion
Rating:*****
Tags:New Age, Theosophy, Philosophy, Religion

Reminiscences of H P Blavatsky and The Secret Doctrine by Constance Wachtmeister (1976)

No reviews
Preface:
This book has been written by several persons who had the advantage of being closely associated with Helena Petrovna Blavatsky during her residence in Europe, while she was engaged in the great work of her life - The Secret Doctrine.
IN giving an account of the manner in which Helena Petrovna Blavatsky wrote The Secret Doctrine, while yet the circumstances are fresh in my memory, with memoranda and letters still available for reference, I shall not shrink from dwelling as some length on my own relations with my dear friend and teacher; and on many attendant circumstances which, while not directly connected with the actual writing of the book, will contribute, I feel sure, to an intelligent comprehension of both the author and her work.

THE INCREDIBLE BLAVATSKY!

It is hardly credible that one human being, burdened with physical problems could, in just a few years, write the 2628 page Secret Doctrine, Did HPB have help form the Brotherhood of the Adepts? Here is a day by day detailed account of the life of this charismatic "lady of the occult" while she was engaged in this writing. Unaccountable things happened - writes the Countess Watchmeister:

"One night this lamp was burning after the clock had struck one. I judged by HPB's regular breathing that she was asleep. I walked around to the lamp, and turned it out. I was going back (to bed) when it flamed up again. I thought to myself - what a strange lamp. I put my hand again on the spring, and held it down for a minute. Then I released it ... the flame reappeared and the lamp was burning as brightly as ever. For the third time I pressed the spring until the lamp was quite out.
For the third time the lamp burned up, and this time I saw a brown hand slowly and gently turning the knob of the lamp. Familiar as I was with the action of the astral forces, I concluded that it was the hand of a chela ... "

A day-to-day account of life with H. P. Blavatsky during the writing of The Secret Doctrine.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:22 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,376,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible