Night is Coming by W. Nikola-Lisa

Night is Coming

by W. Nikola-Lisa

discusses how different farm animals begin to go to bed
1 book
  TUCC | Dec 5, 2016 |
"Night is Coming" is a beautifully written picture book for young children. From the imagery in the descriptions of the evening setting to the beautifully painted or drawn illustrations, children will love reading this story. The book tells of how the farm looks as the sun is setting and as night is coming. The author uses a wide variety of imagery like, "On the fields you can smell wild clover mixing with the scent of freshly mown hay." This would be a great story to read to students to point out such imagery, along with the use of metaphors. ( )
  DannieN | Nov 21, 2013 |
I really liked this book. It reminded me of my own childhood, spending time on the farm that my grandparents owned. The illustrations were beautiful and the story was simple and understated. I loved the last couple pages where it aid "Night is coming. Calm is the heart. Night is coming. Is coming. Is." as we see the young narrators grandfather carry her inside. The warm coloring of the illustrations worked perfectly with the story to create a lovely book that I can easily picture being a family favorite. ( )
  KelseyAnnB | Oct 7, 2013 |
A small boy describnbg the night coming. As he talks about the animals and the sun going down, he gives vivid descriptions of it all. At the end of the book, he too has gone for the night and grandpa carries him to bed.
  DHouston | Apr 28, 2013 |
This is a sweet, gentle story, told in a poem-type of prose. The pictures are as sweet and gentle as the text. A beautiful bedtime tale. ( )
  kestrels | Oct 29, 2007 |
To Dorothy E. and William H.
W.N.-L.

For my grandfathers
J.H.
Night is coming, and out of the rustle of Grandpa's wheat, you can hear the whippoorwill's hollow song arising.

Describes the sights, sounds, and sensations of the coming of night to the countryside.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,932,311 books! | Top bar: Always visible