I.Q. Goes to the Library by Mary Ann Fraser

I.Q. Goes to the Library

by Mary Ann Fraser

IQ the mouse learns a lot about the library and REALLY wants a library card. This would be a good intro to library use at the beginning of the year.
Media: ink and wash ( )
  catherineparry | Apr 14, 2016 |
This book about a mouse who enjoys library week with his elementary school classmates is pretty cute, but it's not my favorite library-related children's book. Still, its worth the read. I like the mouse's determination to get a library card. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
A nice little story about a mouse and his adventures in the library. Makes a great introduction to libraries and books for younger audiences. ( )
  ReplayGuy | Apr 22, 2012 |
S says: "It was fun and cool, because I.Q gets a book and he wants to take it home and he has fun reading it. He got his own library card."

Kayceel says: This is a cute introduction to libraries - how fun, informative and interesting they can be, as well as an intro into good library behavior (as in treating books with care), all via a silly and charming mouse. ( )
  kayceel | Sep 5, 2009 |
I.Q. (a mouse) gets to go to the library to choose a book for the first time. He learns all about the wonders of the library (puppets! computers!) and learns how books are organized, and how to take care of them. But what he really cares about is finding the funny book the librarian read so he can take it home. We're all cheering when he finally gets the book he wants and gets to take it home and read "until his eyes water and his tail curls."
  scducharme | Aug 10, 2009 |

He’s been Student of the Week, but will I.Q. ever get a library card?

When Mrs. Furber announces that it’s Library Week, I.Q. can’t be more excited. During his first visit, I.Q. makes the amazing discovery that he can borrow books once he gets his own library card. He wants to take out the funny book that Mrs. Binder, the librarian, reads to the class.

Each day that week, I.Q. has a lot of fun learning about all the different materials and types of books at the library. But I.Q. worries that he’ll never be able to find the funny book. And he still needs someone to sign his permission slip for a library card. Will he be able to borrow a book like the other students?

I.Q. is as endearing as ever as he learns the joys and responsibilities of being a card-carrying library user.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:09 -0400)

After going to the library with Mrs. Furber's class every day of Library Week, I.Q., the class pet, hopes to take out a funny book with his own library card.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,412,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible