Hate That Cat: A Novel by Sharon Creech

Hate That Cat: A Novel (original 2008; edition 2008)

by Sharon Creech

Info:HarperCollins (2008), Hardcover, 160 pages
Collections:Kids' Books
Rating:*****
Tags:kids

Hate That Cat by Sharon Creech (2008)

Recently added byMrsBTodd, dibs139, poetryfreak38, Sarah_Tempest, dms02, Diana_Das, njcur, private library, vonze
animals (16) boys (4) cat (7) cats (63) chapter book (20) children (7) children's (13) deafness (14) dogs (11) fiction (53) humor (7) jfic (5) juvenile (9) juvenile fiction (8) middle school (6) multiple copies (12) novel in verse (35) pets (20) poems (15) poetry (180) realistic fiction (22) school (16) school stories (4) sequel (10) Sharon Creech (9) teachers (7) to-read (5) verse (10) writing (13) YA (7)

sequel to Love That Dog, kids journal told in verse ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
A suitable follow-up to "Love that Dog." Written in the same format, with some of the same poems as before, but many new ones, too. Again, we get a glimpse into Jack's life when he becomes the reluctant (at first) owner of a kitten. We also learn that his mother is deaf. At first Jack doesn't want to talk about it, but the poems help him open up. He loves his mom, he loves Skitter McKitter, poetry, and he still loves that dog. ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
Although I missed out on the first book, I found this book to be quite enjoyable. Great to use for discussing poetry. Its also a good book to show students how people deal with exceptionalities and how they live day to day. ( )
  rrobinson2 | Nov 20, 2013 |
Love this book! Another great one for grades 3-7 poetry/writing unit. About a boy writing in a classroom setting, written in a journal/free verse format. ( )
  Alyssa-Schoenborn | Sep 27, 2013 |
After reading [b:Love That Dog|53498|Love That Dog|Sharon Creech|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1349043084s/53498.jpg|984829], I was thrilled to see that Hate That Cat was available at my local library. I loved this one just as much as the first. I wish I had younger kids to read these aloud to. I have
[b:Walk Two Moons|53496|Walk Two Moons|Sharon Creech|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1170425323s/53496.jpg|1237212] to read next, and I've been warned that I'll need several boxes of tissues. ( )
  srearley | Sep 21, 2013 |
I hate that cat

Jack

Room 204—Miss Stretchberry

February 25

Today the fat black cat
up in the tree by the bus stop
dropped a nut on my head
thunk

sounds
silence
teacher
and cat.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:05 -0400)

Jack is studying poetry again in school, and he continues to write poems reflecting his understanding of famous poems and how they relate to his life.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible