The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, Book 3)…

The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Pittacus Lore

Member:Jonna13
Title:The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, Book 3)
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:*****

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

I liked this story. It was a good yarn and I'm looking forward to the next one. I've gotten past the fact that the author is in his own story. I haven't done any research to find out what the deal is with him, but I'm going to go with the assumption that he's role-playing. That he was the strongest and wisest of the elders and that this is his story. As someone who is a fan of role-playing games, I can respect that.

What I can't respect, however, is his need to use three different fonts for three different character PoVs. What. The. Hell. I can understand not wanting to label all of your sections by name, but there has got to be a better way to differentiate between characters. I found that to be so completely jarring and off-putting that if I hadn't read the first two books, I would have put this one right down once I reached chapter 2.

I liked the characters and the story was good fun, so I won't complain too much. But the font is the main reason I've given it 3 stars and not more. ( )
  BuffyBarber | Jun 5, 2016 |
This book was very interesting. Its about children from a different planet who came here when their world was destroyed by a alien race. All of the children have “Legacies” better known as super powers that develop as they age. It has a fastpaced exciting storyline that draws you in. ( )
  MLaswell | Apr 14, 2016 |
This was a 3.5 for me, but I felt like I needed to round up for this one since I liked the first books so much, and the series is one that I am overall quite interested in. But yes, still the book only get 4 with the rounding up! So much of this book was rather boring. It was just getting to know people and a whole lot of little things that are not exciting. I get that meeting 8 and 9 was important, but the book felt like too much exposition. The fighting was very ho-hum for so much of the book. The last few chapters were interesting, but also kind of expected. I guess a few things that were going to happen, but thankfully was wrong on at least one account. I have the next book ready to go....but I don't know if I really want to dive back into it. Now that there are so many people and they have the tablet they are clearly going to go find 5 and 7 and then we have even more people to get to know and be bored by..... It's still a good book and all, just way to slow. It felt like a bridge book, as in something to get us to what is still to come. Very few things happened in this book that were ground breaking or changed the overall flow of the story. If you had to skip reading one, this would be the one to pass over for sure! ( )
  DanaBurkey | Apr 10, 2016 |
A phenomenal addition to the series; however, Nine made it almost unbearable. ( )
  benuathanasia | Oct 27, 2015 |
For some reason, I have this weird problem where I read half of these books in one sitting, put it down for 6 months and then pick it up and read the next half in another sitting. I like them, so I don't know why I do that.
One thing about this book that made me extremely happy is almost all of the characters reunited. I hate books where the characters are separated it makes me sad so when they all connected at the end I was happy. We just need Sam and Five now.
I love where the story went in this book. India was such an interesting setting, I love meeting new Garde and seeing their new legacies forming.
Overall, I really like this series. If we're being honest, this series really isn't my type of book, but I really like it nonetheless.
I intend to start book 4 very soon. ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
6A. Seriously?

Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .

I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others—including John.

But so are they.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York—but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.

But they'll have to fight us first.

The aliens must come together because their power is in numbers.

353 wanted3 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,473,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible