The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, Book 3)…

The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Pittacus Lore

Title:The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, Book 3)
Authors:Pittacus Lore
Info:HarperCollins (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 416 pages

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore

For some reason, I have this weird problem where I read half of these books in one sitting, put it down for 6 months and then pick it up and read the next half in another sitting. I like them, so I don't know why I do that.
One thing about this book that made me extremely happy is almost all of the characters reunited. I hate books where the characters are separated it makes me sad so when they all connected at the end I was happy. We just need Sam and Five now.
I love where the story went in this book. India was such an interesting setting, I love meeting new Garde and seeing their new legacies forming.
Overall, I really like this series. If we're being honest, this series really isn't my type of book, but I really like it nonetheless.
I intend to start book 4 very soon. ( )
  thatgirlbookworm | Aug 5, 2015 |
Bit of an improvement on the last one. Nine is a new character with a new way of dealing with things and we finally have an injection of humour into the series which was almost non existent in the first two movies. ( )
  areadingmachine | Jul 6, 2015 |
I devoured this book. I opened it up, started reading and didn't stop until I finished. Then I had to go back to figure out some parts since I was confused at times by who exactly was speaking. I realize that the different type symbolized different characters voices however it still took me some time to figure out who was talking.

The first in the series, I am Four, was a great read and focused on Four, giving a detailed back story to who these people, and I use the term lightly, are and why they are here on Earth. The second story, The Power of Six continues the drama introducing us to several more members of the Garde. I didn't feel as much interest in this story so I wasn't paying particular attention when I read it, which was another reason why I was also confused reading The Rise of Nine. I now wish that I had reread The Power of Six prior to the 3rd installment.

I felt mislead by the title thinking it would focus more on 6 in the 2nd book and more on 9 in the 3rd as the first was mainly about 4...were you able to follow all those numbers?! However, I'm still going to anxiously await the next book in the series to see who the last remaining Garde member is and what they can contribute...though I wish there was a list posted in the front of the book saying what legacy each member currently has in each book to help keep them all straight! ( )
  slsmitty25 | Feb 11, 2015 |
The Rise Of Nine is the third book in the Lorien legacies. In this book number four and number nine have traveled to Brooklyn were number nines luxury condo in the Willis tower. Mean while in India number 5, 6, 7, and 10 are are using a teloporter to get back to the other Garde. But it goes wrong, six gets separated from the others and is telopoted to the middle of the new mexico dessert. Mean while nine and four have figured out how to use the Lorien tablet which shows were every Garde is at all time and they see that number six is so close they get in nines car and head for new mexico. Mean while at Stonehenge the others are now teleporting finally to new mexico after going to the amazon. In the car four and nine see that the others are now in new mexico. mean while six has been captured bye the government were she discovers that the U.S. government is helping the Magadorians capture the Garde in exchange for alien tech and weaponry and also finds fours girl friend Sara who he thinks rated him out and led to his capture a little while but she didn't. Now four, nine, seven, eight, and ten have now met up and are fighting ther way into the secret millitary base were six is being held. As there going threw there base they find Sara who tells them that the Magadorian leader Shakrasra is waiting for them to come free six. They find Shakrasra in a giant arena with other special forces Mogadorian soldiers and six has been encased in a stone shell. They fight Shakrasra and his soldire using all the powers they can and win but Shakrasra escapes and now the Garde are being hunted by the government and the Magodorians.

I like this book because it was another book in The Lorien Legacies but also because of the action. This book was extremly action packed and there wasn't any slow part the book was go go go. Also I like this book because its scy-fi. Scy-fi is great because there can be a lot of stuff that dose not exist but exist in the story, and there are aliens. It is also a medium size book so you don't get over whelmed with pages which isn't a bad thing. Finally it gives god visual images for the reader. ( )
  JacobDb1 | Jan 11, 2015 |

I hate getting to the part of a book where you know there aren't enough pages to finish the story. I wonder how many will be in this series? ( )
1 vote Karyn_Ainsworth | Dec 29, 2014 |
6A. Seriously?

Until the day I met John Smith, Number Four, I'd been on the run alone, hiding and fighting to stay alive.

Together, we are much more powerful. But it could only last so long before we had to separate to find the others. . . .

I went to Spain to find Seven, and I found even more, including a tenth member of the Garde who escaped from Lorien alive. Ella is younger than the rest of us, but just as brave. Now we're looking for the others—including John.

But so are they.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They caught me in New York—but I escaped.
I am Number Six.
They want to finish what they started.

But they'll have to fight us first.

The aliens must come together because their power is in numbers.

349 wanted2 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,789,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible