The Invaders by John Flanagan

This is a strong sequel to this series, continuing directly off of what happened in book one of the Brotherband Chronicles. Actually, if anything, the characters only become more likable as things go on. Things are definitely heading in an exciting direction here, and I feel excited to read book three soon. Overall, it's fairly rare for me to find an author that can carry the same likability and everything through from one series into another with completely different characters and storylines. It often just doesn't work. But, so far, Flanagan just delivers one win after another. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Jun 1, 2018 |
Summary: This book is the second in a series where the main character Hal and his friends are trying to prove themselves after making a dishonorable mistake. This book cuts through the center of the mistake, as the friends try and hunt down the pirates that stole from their village a precious jewel.
Review: This book is a worthwhile read because of its values teaching the loyalty of friendship, and how first appearances are misleading and often untrue when it comes to people. The story told to display these ideas as colorful and engaging with fights, friendly banter and a common goal of all the main characters that makes them learn to trust each other. ( )
  C-Roy | Mar 18, 2017 |
A good continuation of the series. A real adventure and a girl.

For some reason I keep thinking of these characters as small people, like in the Ranger's Apprentice and then I get a reminder that these are big, burly vikings who will put an axe through your skull without breaking a sweat.

I love axes... ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
"The Invaders" continues the exciting series of Hal and his team as they hunt for Zavac. Surprisingly, this book is equally as good as the first - filled with page-turning adventure, humour and delightful characters. I also enjoyed how the author introduced Lydia to the boys. Young Lydia is no damsel-in-distress. Instead, this young lady is fiercely independent and a talented archer. Her arrival added a touch of romance to the story without it detracting from the plot or putting boys off the series. A very entertaining read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
This is not my typical genre, but reading with my son. This book strings you along, building up along the way, but there's no finale.

We felt let down and lost interest in the series. ( )
  jachmd | Sep 25, 2014 |
'We can't keep this up,' Stig said.

From the author of the global phenomenon Ranger's Apprentice!

Hal and the Herons have done the impossible. This group of outsiders has beaten out the strongest, most skilled young warriors in all of Skandia to win the Brotherband competition. But their celebration comes to an abrupt end when the Skandians' most sacred artifact, the Andomal, is stolen--and the Herons are to blame.

To find redemption they must track down the thief Zavac and recover the Andomal. But that means traversing stormy seas, surviving a bitter winter, and battling a group of deadly pirates willing to protect their prize at all costs. Even Brotherband training and the help of Skandia's greatest warrior may not be enough to ensure that Hal and his friends return home with the Andomal--or their lives.

Perfect for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings, T.H. White’s The Sword in the Stone, Christopher Paolini’s Eragon series, and George R. R. Martin’s Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:34 -0400)

"Hal and the other Herons face many perils as they track down the pirates who stole Skandia's most prized artifact, the Andomal"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,859,036 books! | Top bar: Always visible