Creepers by Bryan Dunn

Authors:Bryan Dunn
Info:
Rating:*****

Creepers by Bryan Dunn

Bryan Dunn has written a great story, and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an action-packed off-beat adventure.

The story has a strange ugly terrifying being…no not a being, a plant that petrifies the poor people in the story. The characters are true characters, fun and likable… the right mishmash of horror and humor that keep you reading and wanting more. Dunn fashioned a terrifying villain in something as ordinary as a domestic plant. Once I started I couldn't put it down until my Nook ran out of juice. But once I had it plugged up I didn't put it down until I was finish…well finished with this book but not with the story, I hope there is going to be a book 2.

This is the first book I have read by Bryan Dunn and I love the way he writes…he has a talent of getting the reader sucked into the story quickly and completely. I not only love the way he writes but the way he can combine humor and terror in the same sentence.

I am going to go out and find his first book he wrote “Thaw”, so I can continue the enjoyment I had when reading Dunn’s book.

You can’t go wrong with this book; it is a very fun read. ( )
  53bryanm | Dec 21, 2012 |
What more can you possibly want in a book? Lust and love, creepy green things, lost father found, teenage angst and………a total idiot named Curley. Creepers has all this and more. The cover is a bit of a misconception. : yes, there are women and yes, there are plans and even water but, while the women sound okay; the plants are NOT cute!
Dr. Henry Fletcher had just made scientific history with his new plant he was calling “Fletcher’s Creepers”. Something that would grow green in the desert and, as long as it was watered even a few drops, stayed that way. He was happily celebrating when the local Crime Lord stopped by and killed him. Some days it just doesn’t pay.
Dr. Laura Beecham was on sabbatical from her research job. She was looking for her past along with exploring ways to get out of the labs and into the wilderness. She found both. She also found Sam Rainsford who was in the middle of a quest for seedless dates. She found teenagers on a “vision quest” in the local grocery store/restaurant and she found something else: Dr. Fletcher’s cute little plant. Really a nice looking addition unless you water it. Watering causes the green to get ugly. Ugly looking and VERY ugly in temperament. It grows quick, defends it’s perimeters and goes through anything and anyone who doesn’t get out of the way.
This book is wonderfully scary, funny and kinda sappy all in one. Sam lusts after Laura, the teenager are teenagers and the plant has it’s own issues. Go out and get this one before people discover it or it will be gone! ( )
  macygma | Feb 16, 2012 |
A classic style of Horror novel, reminiscent of early James Herbert or Guy N Smith.

Well written and keeps you hooked but a little predictable. Characters are reasonably developed.

An enjoyable read but nothing outstanding. ( )
  smeagol23 | Jan 14, 2012 |
I enjoyed Creepers at first I started wondering if I would but then it was hard to put down. Fast paced and scary at the same time. Good cast of characters. It is something that could happen with all of the genetics today. I liked the ending is their a sequel? Thanks for the chance to read it. ( )
  Rottie | Jan 13, 2012 |
Fantastic. This was somewhat new in the ways of the horror genre. It was creepy, fast paced (with enough background stories) and the ending worked great.

Recommended for those who like to see science go wrong...and deadly. ( )
  Spiceca | Jan 2, 2012 |

Bryan Dunn is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,361,247 books! | Top bar: Always visible