This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming…

This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness,… (2012)

by Augusten Burroughs

Difficult one this. Some bits were great and helpful. Some bits were problematic and uncomfortable. When speaking about what he knows about and has experience of it was fine, but other times I felt he was writing about the unknown from a position of white male privilege. ( )
  somethingbrighter | Sep 11, 2018 |
Augusten Burroughs just might be the most open person I have ever encountered in print or in person. His breadth of experiences with the dysfunction of other people is astounding! In this book he talks about how to get over it - what it may be. I am certain that I got better advice from this book than from any therapist - ever! I read the book and listened to it on audio, mostly because I enjoy Mr. Burroughs delivery. Cannot recommend it enough. ( )
  knitwit2 | Sep 19, 2016 |
I selected the book, not because Augusten's other work is funny. I wanted to read his take on the different topics. He had some valid points and made me remember that cookie cutter is not for everyone. For example AA. Yes it's a fantastic program but it might not be for everyone. Not all recovering alcoholics can keep going to meetings and be reminded all the time about alcohol. When you have a medical diagnosis, when you are in the moment, it isn't as bad as that first initial diagnosis. I know that. I couldn't breathe when I was told I had breast cancer. But once that initial shock was over I was positive and got through it with flying colors. I would definitely take a look at this book and be open for a different perspective on things. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I love me some AB!! One of a few authors who can make ma cackle while reading. Love it! ( )
  kosana | Jan 21, 2016 |
  kosana | Jan 21, 2016 |

Augusten Burroughsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mazzone, PhilDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Yee, Henry SeneCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

"From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Running With Scissors comes a groundbreaking book that explores how to survive the "un-survivable" and will challenge your notion of self-help books."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,916,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible