Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Home Networking Bible
by Sue Plumley
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764544160, Paperback)Everything you need to know to set up a home network
Is a home network for you? This comprehensive guide covers everything from deciding what type of network meets your needs to setting up the hardware and software, connecting different operating systems, installing the necessary applications, managing the network, and even adding home entertainment devices. Fully updated with new material on all the latest systems and methods, it's just what you need to set up your network and keep it running safely and successfully.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of home networking
* Compare the advantages and disadvantages of wired and wireless networks
* Understand how to choose between workgroup and client/server networking
* Learn how to install and set up cables and routers and how to install and configure networking software
* Share files, printers, and a single Internet connection
* Back up files and secure your network
* Set up your own home intranet and understand the technologies involved in creating a Web page
* Manage your network and learn to use tools for locating and repairing problems
* Expand your home network to include your digital camera, scanner, TV, sound system, and even game consoles
* Explore SmartHome technology that allows you to automate various household functions
* Investigate how your network can enable tele-commuting and other remote access capabilities
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:35 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.