Cat Owner's Manual by Bruce Fogle

Cat Owner's Manual

by Bruce Fogle

302367,255 (4)2

A handy, quick to read book on all aspects of cat ownership. While brief, it goes some medical issues that other cat books don’t- which makes sense, since the author is a veterinarian. A glossary in the back helps the reader to understand the medical section better. There is also a large section devoted to the various breeds of cats that includes whether the breed is quiet or talky, friendly or aloof, active or sedate- information that can really help a person decide if the breed is for them or not. He also goes into cat genetics, which I enjoyed- I finally found out why it looks like my black cat has a white undercoat! (the hair is only black on the tips; the part closer to the body is white. It’s caused by something called the inhibitor gene). My only quibble with the author is his section on homeopathy- he doesn’t push it, but it’s there with vaccinations. I know a lot of people use it, but personally I think it can risk the cat’s life to use it instead of biological vaccinations or science based cures. ( )
  lauriebrown54 | Mar 20, 2013 |
The absolute best cat information book I've ever come across (and I'm an animal lover, and I've read a few!). Easy to read, in depth but not excessive, this book covers everything you could possibly wish to know and stuff you didn't realise you wanted to. Gorgeous pictures too, and a full chapter of breed profiles with lovely photos. Amazing. ( )
  Lazy_Lauren | Apr 3, 2007 |

This title offers all-round information on how to look after your cat. In clear, accessible text, the author details all aspects of a cat's nature and needs, and explains how to keep your cat healthy and happy. A fully illustrated section on cat breeds helps you to choose a suitable breed for your circumstances and there is information on healthcare and training, including bringing a kitten home and caring for an older cat. Dr. Fogle also describes the major feline disorders and diseases, and offers advice on nutrition, grooming and first aid. For quick reference, there are checklists to help you diagnose what is wrong if your cat becomes ill.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:27 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,966,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible