Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld) by Kelley…

Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld) (edition 2012)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:red_dianthus
Title:Thirteen (Women of the Otherworld)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:witches, paranormal, romance, werewolves, shapeshifters, demons, angels, 2012, Canadian author

Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

Recently added byprivate library, mrndvlmr, Ciarda, Cornbeans, Bugetta, MikeRhode, rainbowbrains, ikeyjamehoward

A lot of plot threads were left dangling in this wrapup of the series. ( )
  MikeRhode | Sep 26, 2014 |
So this is the wrap up of the Women of the Otherworld series and the plus is the world doesn't come to an end and you know at some point she will dip back into this world but who is to say who she will write about next time. Everyone makes a bow at some point during the story which gets to be a bit packed with people. And for a showdown with the big bad why would you send someone who's magic isn't 100% up to snuff. It was ok but I think I am tired of Savannah as a lead. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
A pretty satisfying ending to a series I loved. I've read other people's accusations about being fan-service-y and I agree-but I don't think that's a bad thing. I wanted to see Eve and Hope again, even if it was a little bit of a sprawling plot. ( )
  newskepticx | Dec 18, 2013 |
4.5 stars

I have loved this series since I read Bitten many years ago. I don't love all the characters/narrators. I don't even love all the books. Some were much better than others. Part of that might be because of whether I like the narrator of the book. [b:Living with the Dead|2813124|Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9)|Kelley Armstrong|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320464731s/2813124.jpg|2492798] is probably my least favorite book of the series. Part of that is that the entire book is written in third person (unlike the rest of the series) and that it jumps point of views very frequently. The flow was not as good.

With that being said, in this book, Savannah is the narrator for most of this book. When it does change perspectives, it jumps to third person, but in this book it flowed much better. I didn't have the same issues that I had with Living with the Dead. It gave us one last chance to be with our old favorite narrators.

You get to see every major character and most of the secondary characters (though, I don't think I could tell you who is missing that is still alive, but I'm sure there is someone). Also, you get to see several characters you don't expect to see again. Jaz is one. The Cortezes use his unique talents for a mission. The other I won't mention because it is a HUGE spoiler.

As much as I'm saddened to see this series end, I think it was a very good end. Sometimes series fall flat at the end of the series. You feel like you've been building up to this huge finally, and then the end sucks and you're left unhappy. That is not the case with this. I think it ended really well. It is not perfect. There are still dangers out there, but it has a conclusion.

Also, my understanding is that there will still be some short stories from this series. I hope we get to see more from the men's perspective. I loved [b:Men of the Otherworld|3422075|Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories I)|Kelley Armstrong|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320501705s/3422075.jpg|2860439]. It is one of my all-time favorite books. The audiobook for that is even better. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Overall I loved this book. I've come to terms with Savannah and Adam as a couple, even though I still can't really say that I like it, but what I loved was the family stuff. Savannah and Eve getting to see each other in the flesh again. The demons getting involved in the lives of their children and grandchildren. The interaction between Savannah and her brothers. And when a few characters had near misses with death, I totally bought it, although that might have at least as much to do with what GRRM makes me expect from a series with many main characters as it does with Kelley Armstrong's writing.

I do have one quibble: Hope's chaos hunger weakening because her daughter took some of her powers uncomfortably suggests a damaged woman being "fixed" by motherhood to me. However, since it was not primarily Hope's book although she does play a major role in the plot, that didn't ruin the whole thing. ( )
  Unreachableshelf | Sep 20, 2013 |

Kelley Armstrongprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book goes out to al the readers of the Otherworld. For those who discovered it with Bitten a decade ago, to those who just discovered it a month ago. You took a dream and you made it real. Thank you.
Typical guy.

The #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong delivers the novel her fans have been clamoring for: Thirteen, the epic finale of the Otherworld series.

It’s been more than ten years, a dozen installments, and hundreds of thousands of copies since Kelley Armstrong introduced readers to the all-too-real denizens of the Otherworld: witches, werewolves, necromancers, vampires, and half-demons, among others. And it’s all been leading to Thirteen, the final installment, the novel that brings all of these stories to a stunning conclusion.

A war is brewing -- the first battle has been waged and Savannah Levine is left standing, albeit battered and bruised. She has rescued her half brother from supernatural medical testing, but he’s fighting to stay alive. The Supernatural Liberation Movement took him hostage, and they have a maniacal plan to expose the supernatural world to the unknowing.

Savannah has called upon her inner energy to summon spells with frightening strength, a strength she never knew she had, as she fights to keep her world from shattering. But it’s more than a matter of supernaturals against one another -- both heaven and hell have entered the war; hellhounds, genetically modified werewolves, and all forces of good and evil have joined the fray.

Uniting Savannah with Adam, Paige, Lucas, Jaime, Hope, and other lost-but-notforgotten characters in one epic battle, Thirteen is a grand, crowd-pleasing closer for Armstrong’s legions of fans.

Savannah Levine emerges from the rescue of her half-brother and summons formidable powers to halt a supernatural war that is being complicated by the forces of heaven and hell.

376 wanted3 pay3 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,362,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible