A Deeper Darkness (Samantha Owens, Book 1)…

A Deeper Darkness (Samantha Owens, Book 1) (edition 2012)

by J.T. Ellison

Title:A Deeper Darkness (Samantha Owens, Book 1)
Authors:J.T. Ellison
Info:Mira (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Donated/Gave Away

A Deeper Darkness (Samantha Owens, Book 1) by J. T. Ellison

I love stories with a twist at the end!! Debated about three or four stars. Still on the edge. ( )
  Jodeneg | Oct 23, 2015 |
  Jodeneg | Oct 23, 2015 |
“Fresh Meat” by Laura K. Curtis for Criminal Element

Ellison fans (like me) are used to her police procedural thrillers featuring Taylor Jackson. But while I enjoy Taylor, I was glad to see that Ellison was branching out into a new series as well. Samantha Owens is a medical examiner in Nashville, but she takes a leave to do a personal favor . . . going to Washington, DC, to do a secondary autopsy in the murder case of her former lover, Eddie, at the request of his mother, Eleanor.

But although Sam performs the secondary autopsy, this isn’t strictly a forensics book. Sam is out of her element, more an amateur sleuth than an ME. And she is constantly at the mercy of tangled emotions, for not only is she investigating the death of her former lover and dealing with his mother, his wife and his children, she is still mourning the loss of her own husband and children who were taken from her in the Nashville floods.

It is the emotional impact of the book, rather than its mystery, that really keeps the reader engaged. (Oh, the mystery’s there, too, but for me it was definitely secondary.)

Read the rest at: http://www.criminalelement.com/blogs/2012/04/fresh-meat-a-deeper-darkness-by-j-t...
1 vote CrimeHQ | May 14, 2013 |
Beautiful, beautiful book. I loved J.T. Ellison's story about Sam. It was so different from her Taylor Jackson series but more heartfelt and emotional. I found myself crying quite a few times. The surprises kept me guessing until the end. My only complaint is that I thought maybe Sam would call Taylor or Taylor would pop in her friend's story more as the two have been through so much together. I didn't want this book to end and I can't wait for another! ( )
1 vote smithhoosier3 | Apr 27, 2013 |
Thoroughly enjoyed this. ( )
1 vote cookiemo | Oct 7, 2012 |

As a medical examiner, Samantha Owen's job is to make a certain sense of death with crisp methodology. But the day the Tennessee floods took her husband and children, the light vanished from her life. She's pulled into a suffocating grief until she receives a peculiar call from Washington D.C. On the end of the line is an old boyfriend's mother, asking Sam to do a second autopsy on her son. Eddie Donovan is officially the victim of a vicious carjacking, but the forensics tell a darker story.… (more)

10 wanted4 pay9 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,875,432 books! | Top bar: Always visible