Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian) by…

Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian) (edition 2006)

by Keri Arthur

Member:RobynBachar
Title:Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian)
Authors:Keri Arthur
Info:Dell (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Tags:to-read

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (Author)

English (50)  Italian (2)  German (1)  All languages (53)
Wow! ( )
  jeky91 | Jun 15, 2018 |
I wasn't sure how I wanted to rate this. Between and 3 and 4. Because I did really like how curious it made me but at the same time, I didn't like how confused I was half the time. It was like whatever activity Riley was doing was all that she was doing and any other bits of the story line fell behind. It was basically rawr sex, then it was like oh rape(?), then is like I'm going to find out about this... not going to have more sex, what was i looking for, or right, sex. Wait no I was trying to find out who is trying to kill me that's right. Now sex. Oh yea my friend is missing... SEX...

LOL

As much as that made me giggle through-out, I found myself constantly forgetting what the plot of the book what. Like is it to find the girl who goes missing or is it to find out what Talon is doing to her, or is it about Misha? Or is it about Quinn? Or about the Clones and mix-breed abom's? Somehow at the end of all the sex, all of those things come together... ish. I add the "ish" because really when it ends your left still wondering about everything.

Since I haven't read any of the rest of the series, and honestly know nothing about the series really. With that being say I think this is a decent start of a series, that I would hope and I imagine it does get better as it goes. The writer has it set up to tackle things as they come with enough problems already starting out.

Riley is going to practically become a Guardian, though she already is like one. She's gonna bang a lot. I assume she's going to pine for Quinn. She's going to try and get to the bottom of the operation that involved Misha and Talon working for someone close to her who is a bad guy. Maybe she will become stronger because of the drugs that Talon gave her.

Who knows this is all my random babble, and some guessing. But i think this series can turn out pretty good. ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
Che stupenda sorpresa!
Credevo che sarebbe stato il solito libretto su un amore impossibile fra un vampiro ed una licantropa ed invece... Stupendo!

Il libro mi è piaciuto tantissimo, la trama è assolutamente coinvolgente e scritta con maestrìa e i personaggi sono caratterizzati assolutamente al meglio. Tutti!

Finalmente anche in italia cominciano ad arrivare Urban Fantasy per adulti, era sinceramente l'ora! Per quanto piacevoli gli young fantasy non sono neanche lontamente coinvolgenti ed appassionanti come questi!

Qua ci troviamo davanti ad una storia adulta e con tematiche e soprattutto tempistiche adulte! Ero stufa di vedere due 'nemici mortali' vedersi per la prima volta e dopo 20 secondi dichiararsi amore eterno.

In questo caso abbiamo un'eroina, metà vampiro e metà lupo ma neanche lontanamente simile ad una delle solite super-protagoniste che non sbagliano mai e spaccano il mondo o (come da nuova moda post-Meyer) che inciampano ogni due su tre facendo la figura dell'idiota incapace di cavarsela in ogni minima situazione.

C'è sensualità, passione e sesso in questo libro. Molto sesso che, a differenza di Cheyenne McCray con la sua Serie Magic è decritto con eleganza e privo assolutamente di inutile volgarità.

I personaggi sono 'vivi' e non inutile macchiette che si muovono intorno ai protagonisti per agevolare il loro 'amore'. Anzi! Di amore si parla molto poco e si parte, come è ovvio che sia, dall'attrazione incontenibile fra i due personaggi principali.

Ma a parte questo gli altri protagonisti, perfino i cattivi, si muovono autonomamente nel creare la trama e la storia che in alcuni punti si avvicina assolutamente ad un Thriller. Mi piace moltissimo questo connubio fantasy-investigativo.

Assolutamente da leggere il seguito!!
  Nasreen44 | Jun 8, 2017 |
Very steamy. But, the story behind the steam was actually quite good. I will probably read another in the series. ( )
  annabw | Feb 21, 2017 |
Despite a major downfall (I'll discuss this issue later) this was a very good Urban Fantasy with an interesting female lead.

What Worked: Arthur did a great job of introducing us to the Riley Jenson world. I was never confused by the rules in play which follow some basic known "facts" about creatures like vampires and werewolves but there was enough originality to keep this Urban Fantasy fresh and not tired.

Riley is such a strong force to be reckoned with that I couldn't help but admire her strength and intelligence. Despite her ending up in dire circumstances (multiple times) I never thought she fell into the dreaded TSTL category.

What Didn't Work: The sex. In Keri Arthur's world, werewolves are sensual creatures that do not adhere to the standard morals and values ideal. Therefore they tend to have sex....a lot. AND that isn't even counting the "Full Moon" cycle when they absolutely have to have sex or go ape shit crazy. Like rabid-werewolf-killing-everything-in-sight crazy. They also only become monogamous when they find their soul mate so they often have multiple sexual partners that they use on a regular basis until they find their "forever" mate. So, I get it. Keri decided her werewolves were going to be free loving hippie children. Unfortunately she felt the need to have Riley explain this repeatedly to one of her sex partners who had a problem with all the free lovin' going on. He thinks werewolves are nothing more than whores. A little harsh but maybe not completely out of line. Riley has to tell him that werewolves are not human and should not be boxed into human ideals of sex and morality. My problem with this is that Keri somehow forgot that her readers ARE human and just might have a bit of an issue with a woman who has sex with several different men all in the same night.

In addition to the amount of sex (and sexual partners) that happen within the book it also has to be noted that there was a complete lack of romance surrounding the sex that it made it, well, unsexy. There was so much unsexy sex going on that when Riley did get with someone that she might have more of a connection to the reader is beyond caring and the scene ends up happening with no real fanfare.

In a Nutshell: Despite the HUGE issue surrounding all the unsexy sex and whatnot Riley, truly is a compelling heroine with an interesting background and a budding future as a Guardian in the Directorate. ( )
  ChristinaT. | Dec 3, 2016 |
The night was quiet.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553588451, Mass Market Paperback)

In this exciting debut, author Keri Arthur explodes onto the supernatural scene with a sexy, sensuous tale of intrigue and suspense set in a world where legends walk and the shady paths of the underworld are far more sinister than anyone envisioned.

A rare hybrid of vampire and werewolf, Riley Jenson and her twin brother, Rhoan, work for Melbourne’s Directorate of Other Races, an organization created to police the supernatural races–and protect humans from their depredations. While Rhoan is an exalted guardian, a.k.a. assassin, Riley is merely an office worker–until her brother goes missing on one of his missions. The timing couldn’t be worse. More werewolf than vampire, Riley is vulnerable to the moon heat, the weeklong period before the full moon, when her need to mate becomes all-consuming.…

Luckily Riley has two willing partners to satisfy her every need. But she will have to control her urges if she’s going to find her brother….Easier said than done as the city pulses with frenzied desire, and Riley is confronted with a very powerful–and delectably naked–vamp who raises her temperature like never before.

In matters carnal, Riley has met her match. But in matters criminal, she must follow her instincts not only to find her brother but to stop an unholy harvest. For someone is doing some shifty cloning in an attempt to produce the ultimate warrior–by tapping into the genome of nonhumans like Rhoan. Now Riley knows just how dangerous the world is for her kind–and just how much it needs her.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:27 -0400)

Riley Jenson, a rare hybrid of vampire and werewolf, and her twin brother, Rhoan, work with the Melbourne Directorate of Other Races to protect humans from supernatural races, but when Rhoan disappears while on a mission, Riley learns she cannot depend on her employer to find her brother and sets out into the night to save him.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,958,141 books! | Top bar: Always visible