Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Girl of Nightmares (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Kendare Blake, August Ross (Narrator)

Title:Girl of Nightmares
Authors:Kendare Blake
Other authors:August Ross (Narrator)
Info:AudioGO (2012), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (2012)

Ghosts (58)

Cass Lowood has now become used to life in Thunder Bay. He's finished a school year in the same school for the first time in years. He has friends: the beautiful and popular Carmel Jones and nerdy voodoo teenage witch Thomas Sabin. The three have tried to move on from the devastating events in Anna Dressed in Blood. They've been going to school by day and killing ghosts by night. But when Anna starts haunting Cass, he becomes obsessed with saving her from whatever hell she is suffering. His quest to save her drives a wedge between him and his friends, and leads him across the ocean to follow ominous clues sent by anonymous people.

I enjoyed Girl of Nightmares even more than Anna Dressed in Blood. I began the book with an attachment to all the characters, and was genuinely concerned about Anna's fate. Cass, Carmel, and Thomas begin to develop more rounded personalities in this book - showing sides of themselves that weren't obvious in the first book. Girl of Nightmares had a good mixture of action and intrigue, which kept me turning the pages. I'm hoping there will be another book coming up soon. ( )
  The_Hibernator | Oct 16, 2015 |
Really good. In Girl of Nightmares, Cas tries to live a normal life after Anna dragged the Obeahman to the other side. But he can't. He starts seeing visions of her being tortured, and Cas believes this is trying Anna to get his attention. Cas thinks that Anna needs his help, and Anna is not where she is supposed to be. So, Cas tries to find a way to open a door to the other side to get Anna back. But there is a group of people who don't want that to happen, they believe that it is wrong to bring someone back from the other side, and that Cas has tainted the purpose of the athame by deciding who to kill (instead of just killing every ghost he sees). They've even trained a replacement for him, named Jestine.
What I liked: Jestine's personality. I got so used to Cas, Carmel, and Thomas as a team, so when Jestine was introduced into the book, I was surprized, but I thought Jestine was a nice addition to their group. She made things seem lighter, and made the story more interesting.
What I disliked: Although this book was awesome, I still feel that it wasn't as great as the first one, which had more action in it. Another thing I was slightly upset about was how Jestine and Cas ended off. From what I've read, I don't think they will be keeping in touch...which sucks.
I'm sad to see this series end, and I hope there will be more, but if not, Girl of Nightmares had a wonderful ending. ( )
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |
I had some problems with this one. I'm not sure if it was the book or the narrator or both. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
It was an okay book. It had its moments. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
I wanted so badly for this book to end differently! I wanted Anna and Cas to be together in some form! Major heartbreak. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |

Kendare Blakeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
NekroCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ross, AugustNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I think I killed a girl who looked like this once.

Months after Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell and sacrificed herself for seventeen-year-old ghost hunter Cas Lowood, persistent visions of Anna being tortured cause Cas to decide to save her as she once saved him.

Kendare Blake is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,873,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible