Apollyon: The Fourth Covenant Novel…

Apollyon: The Fourth Covenant Novel (Covenant Series) (Volume 4) (edition 2013)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

Series: Covenant (4)

Member:ERose207
Title:Apollyon: The Fourth Covenant Novel (Covenant Series) (Volume 4)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Jennifer L. Armentrout (2013), 412 pages
Rating:***1/2

Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Completed 11/12/18 ( )
  ERose207 | Nov 13, 2018 |
I love the way Ms. Armetrout's mind works, she just pushes her characters around to no end, and what a fun ride it is for those of us who don't have to live it. ;] ( )
  lollyletsgo | Aug 10, 2017 |
Apollyon picks up right where Elixir, Aiden's POV left off. Sitting in her god created cage after Aiden decides to not give her anymore of the Elixir, Alex his being difficult. Aiden has decided that trying to reach her through her memories and what she wanted before awakening is a better option. But Alex is fighting him and her Seth is convincing her to not let Aiden come between them. I had to laugh because I knew Alex would so hate herself for calling him "My Seth". But the real Alex is still in there, fighting this new Alex to remember, to remember Aiden and that this is not what she wanted.

After some verbal and physical fighting, Aiden was eventually able to reach Alex and she was able to block her connection to the first. Both Alex and Aiden had to come to terms with their actions during her time connected to Seth. There was regret and guilt all around. With the knowledge that a God is behind everything they set out to try and stop Seth and the God that's using him and Lucian for his own purpose. Alex tries to reach out to Seth and convince him to stop what he's doing to no avail so she and Aiden went on a mission to the underworld to find out how to stop him. This mission revealed to Alex that she is being used by the Gods and in the end it could mean her death. She has to make the decision, it's her life or the life of many. Or she can give up or fight to live.

The mythology concept keeps getting interesting, I've always been fascinated by Greek mythology and was proud of myself that I remembered Dionysus was the god of wine and revelry even before I read that line. Don't know if that's a good thing but I was excited all the same. We get to see more gods and goddesses in this book. And learn more about their world.

Alex got to use her trained Sentinel skills and her Apollyon skills quite a few times. Unfortunately she has to deal with feeling responsible for the lives of her friends and knows that not all will make it out of this war alive. I love that Armentrout makes her characters grow with every book. Alex is less snappy and bratty but she's still like herself. Her relationship with her Uncle and Lea has matured and taken a step in the right direction. She realizes that she is to blame for some of the bad things in her relationship with others.

I'm still really enjoying this series, it's been a true favorite of mine since the beginning. I just love Armentrout's storytelling and easy writing style, it just flows and doesn't need all the extras you find in similar books to keep me intrigued. There's so much more to Apollyon, with a captivating story, fun characters, romance, and lots of action you get more than you expect.
  ItsBookishMe | Apr 20, 2016 |
I recommend you read the novella Elixir before you read Apollyon. Some of things that are talked about in the opening pages happened in Elixir. I highly recommend it. It is told from Aiden's PoV.

This book starts out with Alex in a cage and connected to Seth. Which was disturbing how much Seth got into Alex's head. Seth reaches new levels of creepy,controlling,and delusional in this book. I can't believe he believes Lucy(Lucian I call him Lucy because he is such a wimp). I hate Lucy even more for playing Seth. Who wants to be loved and listened to. I loved what made Alex break the bond with Seth. Aiden and Alex's relationship is great and perfect as ever. Watching Aiden not give up on Alex and his doing anything to save her was beautiful. Why do the bad guys always underestimate the most powerful emotion on earth? I read that scene more then once. Here is how I see how each guy is with Alex. Aiden is protective and Seth is possessive. Aiden is still struggling over having put Alex on the Elixir. Their relationship just keeps maturing with every hurtle they face. Alex really grows up in this novel and she isn't as reckless and doesn't act first think later.

The plot of this book is as fast paced as the others. From small towns in the middle of no where to the Underworld. What Alex and Aiden have to do to get into the Underworld is soul shattering. I know I couldn't do it. It is such a powerful scene for both characters but especially Aiden. Apollo is now my favorite god. I loved his character when he was Leon but now I love him even more. When I found out in the last book that Leon was Apollo I almost fell off my chair and the words What Do You Mean He Is A God? could be heard 3 houses down. Deacon and Luke are so cute together. Happy to finally know what made Lea and Alex such enemies. You also get to meet another Greek goddess. Which was surprising and very funny. I want to know more about Solos and my respect and love for Marcus was at an all time high in this book. It will always surprise me how JLA gets so much story and emotion into so few pages. JLA knows how to write heart stopping action packed endings. The last 140 pages were epic and that ending there are no words. ( )
  thereadingrebel | Dec 22, 2014 |
I like this damn series. It still has problems and I find Alex still a bit annoying but she's grown as a character and is considerate as well as strong. I can't wait for the final book. ( )
  newskepticx | Dec 18, 2013 |

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening, and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods--and Alex herself--to bring her back.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,260,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible