Deity: The Third Covenant Novel (Covenant…

Deity: The Third Covenant Novel (Covenant Series Book 3) (edition 2017)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)

Series: Covenant (3)

Member:ERose207
Title:Deity: The Third Covenant Novel (Covenant Series Book 3)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout (Author)
Info:Jennifer L. Armentrout (2017), 337 pages

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Completed 11/8/18 ( )
  ERose207 | Nov 8, 2018 |
Let's see....where to I begin. This book by far was my favorite! I am so happy, quite a difference from my last review on book two, but I am so excited to read on! I am so glad (kinda) Seth turned out to be the bad guy, but I am also excited we got to fall in love with Aiden. I knew Lucian was evil!!!! I had an extremely hard time putting this book down, it consumed me! ...NEXT ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |
While I enjoyed reading Deity, I'm starting to have a hard time with the characters. I really like the main story-line concerning the Apollyon and the prophecies concerning that. My biggest issue is the love story, which is funny because in the first book the love story was my favorite part. That element, mainly the dialogue, is just so cheesy that I feel like I'm suddenly watching a Lifetime movie. I'll definitely read the rest of the series, because I genuinely do want to find out what happens. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
Are you freaking kidding me? What? Armentrout did it again, wow. Deity was so good and so surprising, I had to put it down several times to savor it's goodness, I didn't want to finish in one day. Alexandria's story continues on her path to be the 2nd Apollyon and what a story it is.

Alexandria continues to be the same old fiesty quick to physical violence girl she is. Even though her anxiety driven reactions brings out the parent in me, if she's not strangling someone, she's thinking about it; it has me wanting someone to sit her down and have a talk with her about being respectful and that it's not lady like to hit or threaten others for just speaking to her, I know that she has to deal with more than the typical teenager and anyone in her shoes would surely have an unexpected reaction. Other than having to deal with being the Apollyon, her secret relationship with pure Aiden, losing her best friend, not having that many friends, not knowing who she can really trust, knowing that she will be the cause of Seth possibly becoming the "god killer", and now the guilt of killing a pure in self defense and Aiden's help in covering it up things couldn't get any worse, can it?

Her uncle Marcus, Aiden and Seth won't let her out of their sites, she has round the clock bodyguards and spends most of her time in her room. She's struggling with trusting her instincts about trusting Seth and her wanting to just jump Aiden's bones. She's dealing with the guilt of her best friend Caleb's death and when more people die she knows that she will be at the center of the cause.

Alexandria had to deal with many new trials in Deity, like coming face to face with Telly after killing a pure back at the New York Covenant, that scene was a very tense and had me on edge throughout the entire interaction, I was so nervous at what could happen especially knowing Alex's penchant for not holding back if someone irks her the wrong way. And the times she spends with Seth in her room, marks keep appearing every time their together and Alex starts to wonder if he's making them appear on purpose. Alex also had to open her eyes and mind to see if she can really trust and depend on her uncle Marcus and her step father Lucian. Who is truly on her side?

As for Seth I also struggled along with Alexandria on if he can and should be trusted. I was always torn because putting aside his ego he seems to really care for Alex and seems so hurt by her feelings for Aiden, he came off as hurt little hurt puppy sometimes and it made me feel so bad for him even though it was always Aiden for me. Of course Aiden doesn't trust a bone in Seth's body but Alex decided that he hasn't given her any reason to not trust him, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt to the disagreement of her supporters.

An Aiden, OMG Aiden, he can't seem to stay away for Alex, always getting put on Alex's guard detail. Aiden continues to obviously struggle with his feelings for Alex and trying to keep her safe and keep from acting on her knee jerk reactions at the same time. In Deity, Aiden comes to a conclusion on what to do about his feelings for Alex once and for all because it's getting harder for him to be around her.

Well, let me just say that I was dumbfounded with the contents of this book, in a very good way that is, there are surprises galore. I won't give away too much but it turns out that Alex has more supporters than she's aware of and bad ass ones for that matter. Alexdanria had to go through some really terrible things but they added a lot of really good shock value to the story. I couldn't believe Armentrout had to guts to write some of these things, actually come to think of I do believe it. The mythological twists continues to get more interesting and surprising. The writing was thrilling and heartfelt, I couldn't even write a review immediately, I didn't know what I wanted to say but that I really loved this sequel in the Covenant series it might possibly be my favorite until the next one. There is so much more I would like to say about this book and I still can't seem to put it into words, I might just update my review when my brain starts to function again.
  ItsBookishMe | Apr 20, 2016 |
What. In the hell. Just. Happened?
This one was packed, PACKED, with action. And 99% of it was awesomesauce.
I think there's only one way to make me love Aiden more, and that's reading Elixir. Which I'll do in a minute. But in all seriousness, every time he calls Alex agapi mou I want to swoon myself to the next world.
I really like Seth, though, and I know I'm one of few. I really believe he's not himself and is controlled by Lucian. It also helps that I didn't like Lucian from the very beginning.
Ok, onto Elixir. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |

As Alexandria approaches her 18th birthday, she find that a fanatical order is out to hill her. Time spent with Seth leads to another mark of the Apollyon, signifying the approach of her awakening. As her birthday draws near, she must choose between love and fate as the gods prepare to reveal themselves.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,187,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible