Honey Blonde Chica by Michele Serros

Honey Blonde Chica

by Michele Serros

298/298

Honey Blonde Chica is about a rich, Hispanic teenage girl, Evie Gomez, trying to friend her true friends, and her identity. Her best- friend Dee Dee comes back from Mexico, after four years of not talking to each other their relationship gets off to a rocky start because Dee Dee is not the same girl anymore. This whole reunion of friends with Raquel, Evie's long time friend, Dee Dee, and Evie does not go very well, but one person Evie always seems to go is Alex, her guy friend, that seems like they have more than a friend relationship. All this commotion leads to truth, and love.

My favorite character in the book was the main character Evie. In the beginning of the book she thinks she has everything figured out, until her long lost friend Dee Dee comes back. She is torn between her Flojo group, and Dee Dee. During the book she learns that she has to stick up for herself, and not let people tell her what to do. She has a lot of pressure coming from both sides of her friends. Evie also doesn't believe in herself. She doesn't think she is pretty enough for anyone, but the one that loves her is right in of front of her and she has to figure that out.

In this book I related to Evie because she pushed people away in her life. When I was reading it I connected to her because I could remember when I pushed people away, and I wish I could take it back. I remember feeling I wasn't good enough like how Evie felt, but you have to stop and look at what you have.

The only thing that I didn't like about the book was that the teenagers smoked and did a lot of drinking. I was thinking how could they not get caught by their parents, since it was going on in their house. Even though they did this, this is what made the book because it added reality to it.

I would with no doubt recommend this book to teenagers who are looking for a good book to read. I would especially recommend this book to Hispanic teenage girls because it has Spanish dialogue in it, and the characters are Hispanic. Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. ( )
  rquintero | Dec 16, 2007 |

Evie Gomez, while trying to form her own identity, must decide if she wants to be a fun-loving, high-heeled, blonde-streaked Sangro, or a laid-back surfer chick Flojo, which are two very different worlds. Eve Gomez is one chill chica. She and best friend Raquel hang with the Flojos, A kick-back crew named for their designer flip-flops. and their habit of doing absolutely nothing. But the return of the long-lost amiga major Dee Dee wrecks Evie and Raquel's flojo flow. A few years in Mexico City have transformed their shy, skinny, brunette Dee Dee into a Sangro nightmare. Dee Dee has reinvented herself as "Dela," complete with tight designer threads, freaky blue contacts, and the signature blonde hair.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,108,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible