Gone Missing: A Thriller (Kate Burkholder)…

Gone Missing: A Thriller (Kate Burkholder) (edition 2012)

by Linda Castillo

Member:nbmars
Title:Gone Missing: A Thriller (Kate Burkholder)
Authors:Linda Castillo
Info:Minotaur Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 288 pages
Tags:mystery, thriller, fiction, Ohio, crime

Gone Missing by Linda Castillo

This was a story about several missing Amish girls and how Chief of Police Kate Burkholder and State Agent John Tomasetti find them. It was my first book by this author. I enjoyed her style of writing and the book had a great suspenseful ending. However, I always find it more difficult to read a book when the victims are children and teens.
  Judy.Welker.Frick | Nov 8, 2014 |
This book is the 4th in a series. I really like the stories and how the author can tell it with such detail and suspense. It did feel a little like same ol' same ol' but I enjoyed it.

In this installment, teenagers from the Amish community keep turning up missing, one after another in a 100 mile radius. Kate is asked by Tomasetti to work on this case of his because of her understanding of the Amish. She becomes attached to the investigation in a way that she never expected and she's forced to keep a level head so she doesn't screw it up.

I must say that at one point, I was at the edge of my seat while reading. I felt like I was running with Kate. And I just love how I'm probably the only one who didn't see the obvious... I was kind of caught off guard at a small revelation at the end of book.

Yes, it's a recommend! ( )
  Sharn | Nov 4, 2014 |
Castillo has a smooth way of writing; very believable descriptions and people and places. And she certainly creates suspenseful situations. Major objection is the use of key bad language which, in my opinion, eliminates the book from the teen market ... as well as objectionable to me and my family and the majority of our friends. Why authors feel they need to do this is strange. "But that's the way people talk," is their argument. They may be, but that doesn't excuse the writer who is certainly capable of working around that type of language. The book would have been much better, in my opinion, if she would have avoided this tempting trap. ( )
  repb | Mar 28, 2014 |
A little too much language for me.

I liked the story behind this book the amish adult who left and became police chief.
But I think the story could of been told with less language. The story would of been just as good to me. I will never understand why people beleive that adding vulgar language makes a better story.

I have decided not to read the third book at this time. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
This is a good series if you enjoy mystery and suspense. A quick read with a good story. In order to really understand the characters and their relationships, you do need to read the other books in the series. ( )
  susan.h.schofield | Oct 7, 2013 |
Becca hatte schon als Kind gewusst, dass ihr Leben einmal tragisch enden würde.

Linda Castillo’s bestselling series has been called “gripping” [People] and “impossible to put down” [Bookpage] and the “teeth chattering suspense” [USA Today] continues with GONE MISSING—a deeply chilling novel about a rite of passage gone horribly wrong.

Rumspringa is the time when Amish teens are allowed to experience life without the rules. It’s an exciting time of personal discovery and growth before committing to the church. But when a young teen disappears without a trace, the carefree fun comes to an abrupt and sinister end, and fear spreads through the community like a contagion.

A missing child is a nightmare to all parents, and never more so than in the Amish community, where family ties run deep. When the search for the presumed runaway turns up a dead body, the case quickly becomes a murder investigation. And chief of Police Kate Burkholder knows that in order to solve this case she will have to call upon everything she has to give not only as a cop, but as a woman whose own Amish roots run deep.

Kate and state agent, John Tomasetti, delve into the lives of the missing teen and discover links to cold cases that may go back years. But will Kate piece together all the parts of this sinister puzzle in time to save the missing teen and the Amish community from a devastating fate? Or will she find herself locked in a fight to the death with a merciless killer?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:39:56 -0400)

Investigating the disappearance of an Amish teenager, chief of police Kate Burkholder and state agent John Tomasetti stumble on a dead body at the same time another girl goes missing, and later discover sinister links to numerous cold cases.

164 wanted3 pay5 pay

Minotaur Books

An edition of this book was published by Minotaur Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,359,043 books! | Top bar: Always visible