Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens

Wit'ch Fire (original 1998; edition 2002)

by James Clemens

Member:Kythe42
Title:Wit'ch Fire
Authors:James Clemens
Info:Del Rey (2002), Kindle Edition, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, To read, Own

Wit'ch Fire by James Clemens (1998)

Recently added byrena75, TaraMorrigan

English (17)  Dutch (2)  German (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (21)

Wow... I was never a fantasy fan before, until now. Now I have to find all the rest of these books! LOL. ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
Book one of the 'Banned and Bannished': The Shadow of the witch, ?
  drbrendan | Jul 21, 2016 |
Good fantasy novel, slightly too long and certainly far too much time spent in tunnels - is this a fantasy writer's homage to D&D players?

Quite good chracter development and plotting. I have the next four books so we'll see how this all develops.

A young girl finds out that she is a wit'ch (they love their apostrophes in this book) and meets up with a whole bunch of different characters from different races to help her to fulfil her destiny. ( )
  PaulAllard | Dec 9, 2015 |
Wonderful series !
I lived and breathed these books for years.
I loved the plot, the story, the details.
It are the books that got me into reading again.
These are definitely books with a lot of memories for me.
  lisa.isselee | Sep 26, 2014 |
It started off intriguing, with the 'warning' not to read it and 'remember, above all, that the author is a liar'. Best opening ever.

And then, I grew engrossed in Elena's story, plus Er'ril's, and the nymph. I disliked when the characters were changed and how the book seemed to use other elements viewed in other fantasy books, but then it got really good, toward the last 200 pages. In the last 100, I had to fight not to scream aloud at the book and yearned to dive into the book and save the characters. There wasn't a moment's rest for me or them and it was exciting until the very end.

Damn, I wish I had the sequel with me. ( )
  liveshipvivacia | Apr 26, 2014 |
For my parents, Ronald and Mary Ann, who encouraged my dreams and gave me the home and the world to make them real.
Ten eerste: de auteur liegt.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345417062, Mass Market Paperback)

Wit'ch Fire grabs you in the first scene, and doesn't let go until the very end. This is the beginning of a new fantasy series--the Banned and the Banished--by first-time author James Clemens, but its sophistication and style are reminiscent of experienced fantasists such as Guy Gavriel Kay and George R.R. Martin. Elena is "the wit'ch of spirit and stone," born of a deadly alliance between three powerful mages in fulfillment of prophecy. But can she learn how to use her powers in time to resist the forces of the Dark Lord? She is joined in her battle by some unlikely allies, but the motley crew may be the only hope for a threatened world. Clemens handles plot and characterization deftly, but the addition of lots of un'neccesary apos'trophes to let you know you're reading a fantasy is a little distracting. Still, Wit'ch Fire is a fast-moving, entertaining read that's definitely worth your time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:11 -0400)

On a fateful night five centuries ago, three mages made a desperate last stand, sacrificing everything to preserve the only hope of goodness in the beautiful, doomed land of Alasea. Now, on the anniversary of that ominous night, a girl-child ripens into the heritage of lost power. But before she can even comprehend her terrible new gift, the Dark Lord dispatches his winged monsters to capture her. Fleeing the minions of darkness, Elena is swept toward certain doom--and into the company of unexpected allies.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,145,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible