Cop Out by K.C. Burn

Such a great story from start to finish! Kurt was an amazing guy, and Davey was so sweet. I hated that it took me so long to get their sh*t together cause i myself like to get things done but I was so happy how everything works out between them. I adore HEA ( )
  brandochic | Feb 22, 2016 |
4 stars. I really enjoy this author's writing. :) ( )
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
I loved this book!

I have not read anything by K.C. Burn yet, but the ratings seemed to be very high for this one.

This is probably my favorite of the "gay cop" books I have read. Other books have been rather tropey and focused on the "gay for you". But this book also focuses on Davy, who is recovering from the death of his husband (Ben). Davy is such a sweet, honest character that I really fell in love with.

I loved how the friendship and then the relationship develops and it brought to light a topic that I had not considered before. I wonder how often there are gay/lesbian partners who are mentally abused because they have to hide their relationship? The way that Ben kept him "in the closet" obviously scarred Davy mentally.

This was a very good book, a must read. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
I liked the fact that Kurt didn't just jump into his change with both feet, we really felt him struggle with whether he was gay or not. It was nice to have the author foreshadow it by saying sex (with women) had never been that awesome for him, just something to do, and I really enjoyed having Kurt's first time be as a bottom, instead of top, as you'd expect from a 31 year old manly man who had never questioned his sexuality before.
  Bitchie | Sep 21, 2013 |
Read for m/m team bingo challenge, round 5. And for Debut Author challenge. My review.
  Nightcolors | Apr 10, 2013 |

audio edition
added by gsc55 | editPrism Book Alliance, caroline (May 27, 2014)

added by gsc55 | editHearts on Fire, Penumbra (Mar 30, 2013)

Detective Kurt O'Donnell is used to digging up other people's secrets, but when he discovers his slain partner was married to another man, it shakes him. Determined to do the right thing, Kurt offers the mourning Davy his assistance. Helping Davy through his grief helps Kurt deal with the guilt that his partner didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth, and somewhere along the way Davy stops being an obligation and becomes a friend, the closest friend Kurt has ever had. His growing attraction to Davy complicates matters, leaving Kurt struggling to reevaluate his sexuality. Then a sensual encounter neither man is ready for confuses them further. To be with Davy, Kurt must face the prospect of coming out, but his job and his relationship with his Catholic family are on the line. Can he risk destroying his life for the uncertain possibility of a relationship with a newly widowed man?… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,022,001 books! | Top bar: Always visible